New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baxter
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  13:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i have recently got a honduran milk snake but she is very thin (very very obvious spine) i was wondering the best way to help her regain some weight as i dont aprove of power feeding but i dont want an unhealthy snake (i dont want her to fatten up for breeding just happy) so if any one could help i would much appreciate it

:)

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  13:11:57  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just start getting some food into her for now.
Give her maybe 1 or 2 food items of the appropriate size for her every 5-7 days for now.

Roughly how big/old is she??
if she's that skinny then maybe give rat pups/fuzzies for a bit as well as these have a higher fat content and will be able to bulk her up a bit.

Is there any other issues with her, or is it just how skinny she is?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

baxter
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  14:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she is about 4 foot, i got her yesterday of a bloke who was scared of sankes (strange i know) her skin is quite tight but her back is like a triangle her spin is that prominante, she ate a mouse last night if she was the girth she should be she would be able to take jumbo mice but i dont want to possibly damage her buy giving to large a meal

:)
Go to Top of Page

bluerain
Hatchling

United Kingdom
270 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  11:11:50  Show Profile  Click to see bluerain's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I"v always found with the Milks...Hondos are probs a bit of an exception though...that they wont eat anymore than they want to! I have one or two here id love to fatten up, but they just wont play ball.
If you think she is badly underweight id just feed her an appropriatly sized prey item every five days or so...then offer larger prey, and reduce feeding spans as she gains in weight and girth!!!

Lots of Milks!! Few Royals, corns, Rosie Boas and Childrens Pythons. One Bci, and one Irian Jaya Carpet!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000