New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eevosai45
Snake Mite

39 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  20:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey All,

My cali king Rorschach is doing great except for one thing which is bothering me. a Few sheds ago he retained a small peice of skin at the very tip of his tail. Unfortunately I didn't notice as due to it being on the very, especially as it looked just like the tip was white as if part of his pattern. I eventually noticed and managed to get the retained skin off his tail but it seems to have damaged the tip. It isnt infected and Rorschach seems fine and he has shed a few times since but the very end of his tail where the skin was is still very thin compared to the rest of his tail and feels a little hard like it has died or something. Like I said though it is literally the very tip(about a quarter of a mm, that small)and doesnt seem infected.
I just wanted to know if anyoone thought this is a major problem and I should take him to get checked or whether he will be ok as long as I keep an eye on his future sheds.

Thanks,
Martyn

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  08:54:19  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
there might be more stuck skin than you're aware of, try holding a damp cloth round the end of his tail for 10-15 mins then see if any will gently rub off. this is likely to be easier said than done lol but if you let him have a wriggle around when you first get him out then try it when he's slowed down a little
i wouldn't panic just yet though

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

eevosai45
Snake Mite

39 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  17:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice Ginger, I did give him a bath last night and couldnt see any more retained skin but I will give the damp cloth a go , definately will need to let him cool down though as he is a wriggly little(well not so little now) bugger,loves to try and climb my arm despite the fact he almost always nearly falls off

Cheers

bluerain
Hatchling

United Kingdom
270 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  10:22:27  Show Profile  Click to see bluerain's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just keep an eye on it as you are doing, if its just the very tip it shouldnt present any problems..You may find the tip will drop of and he will just have a slightly rounder tail!??

Lots of Milks!! Few Royals, corns, Rosie Boas and Childrens Pythons. One Bci, and one Irian Jaya Carpet!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000