Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

leighann
Snake Mite

29 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  21:17:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my king snake hasn't ate anything for 11 weeks now i'm very worried about her she used to weigh 95grams and now weighs 75grams today i noticed that her skin is very loose compared to what it used to be. I need some help soon please

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  22:23:26  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quite often set-up can be a problem.............what's your viv like? and temps?

what are you trying to feed her and how often? how long have you had her and has she always been a poor feeder?

could try her on some Reptoboost as a quick fix short term...........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

leighann
Snake Mite

29 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  22:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she isn't in a viv yet she is still in a little plastic tank she isn't long enough for a viv yet. Her tank is not too crowded and the temp is 28 degrees. I'm feeding her on fluffs and trying her every 5 days i have had her since the 26th of august last year and she has been eating fine until november. What is reptoboost??
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  10:55:57  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would up the temps to around 30 and by looking at the pic in your sig i would say that fluffs were to small for her,i would imagine that she would be able to take a medium or regular mouse,try a small mouse first then move up,she might not be interested in what your offering because its to small.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  16:55:17  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i agree with lee about trying a small mouse, and about upping the temps, and try making the faun a little more packed adding extra hides or decor, and covering 3 sides of it too to your snake feels less exposed. and also knock handling on the head until you've feeding re-established.

Reptoboost is a general 'pick-me-up' added to their water and contains a probiotic and instant energy to help get some calories into them and keep them going while they're fasting. you should be able to get it from most rep shops, an alternative would be critical care formula (CCF) but its more expensive and not any better IMO

Go to Top of Page

leighann
Snake Mite

29 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  17:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have already tried to feed her small mice and she is still not interested, i will get some of that stuff to put in her water and how long should i not handle her for??
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  20:32:21  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
basically till you've got her feeding regularly again in case it's a stress related thing..........

Go to Top of Page

leighann
Snake Mite

29 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  21:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont think she is stressed because she is fine when i handle her. when i first got her she was stressed but she has calmed down alot. tonight i got her out and gave her a bath and she was fine is there anything else that could be wrong with her
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  21:52:17  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
YES!! the handling!! one of the main signs of stress is stopping eating!!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  10:15:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is she pooing ok?

Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a young Arizona mountain king and she has only just started eating again from October. I basically stopped handling her completely and the only time I disturbed her was to change her water. She has now eaten two weeks running but I still haven't started handling her yet. I agree with the advice to stop handling and try covering three sides of her box to help her feel secure. Good luck

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

leighann
Snake Mite

29 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  17:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is reptile minerals the same as reptoboost because none of the pet shops near me have heard of reptoboost?? she had a poo a couple of nights ago but that was the first one she had for months
Go to Top of Page

leighann
Snake Mite

29 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2010 :  21:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my snake ate her mouse on saturday. i covered her tank and filled it up with different things she also shed her skin on saturday too. thanks for the help!
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
Hatchling

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2010 :  10:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad she fed for you

4.3 Corn snakes - Mont (Carolina), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Aura (Butter Stripe), Zero (Blizzard) & Lucien (Amel)
2.0 Royal Pythons - Little One & Q
1.0 Chihauhaun King Snake: Simba
Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2010 :  10:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news!

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

eevosai45
Snake Mite

39 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2010 :  12:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad she's eaten now(she looks like a great snake in the sig )

Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000