king snakes bringing her food up.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liam tait
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  20:22:24  Show Profile  Click to see liam tait's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ive had my king snake for about amonth and a half, ive started giving her fluffs instead of pinkies and shes brought 2 up. does anybody know what could be wrong?

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  20:33:50  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have you handled her too soon after a feed?
how long after she'd regurgitated did you leave her before trying another feed?
what are your temps like in the warm end?
what is your set up like? (including sizes)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  20:34:56  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
basically i'm trying to find out if its:
handling related?
temperature related?
stress related?
or disease/illness.

Go to Top of Page

liam tait
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  20:51:31  Show Profile  Click to see liam tait's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam tait

ive had my king snake for about amonth and a half, ive started giving her fluffs instead of pinkies and shes brought 2 up. does anybody know what could be wrong?

she gets handled alot but i wait 2 days after feeding her.
the temperature in the tank is always between 28 and 32.
the tank is the right size for her.
Go to Top of Page

liam tait
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  21:43:45  Show Profile  Click to see liam tait's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
from the first time she brought the fuzzy up it was 6 days later i fed her again recomeded by the shop i got her. it was 2 days after the feed she brought it back up. the temp in th cool end is 20 and the warm between 28-30. i may handle her to much as she is active through the day sometimes. i have just moved the tank to a quieter place and the tank is plastic 1 foot by 1 and a half have aspen bedding a bark hide in warm end and a kitchen roll tube in the cool end and water bowl. thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  22:58:34  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can I ask for clarification, just in case i'm reading it wrong.

Did she bring the feed up, THEN you waited 6 days before feeding her again?
And then she brought that back up again 2 days later?

Is that right?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

TLT
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  23:02:03  Show Profile  Click to see TLT's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how big is she?
how much does she weigh?
it may be she is not ready for fluffs

thats how i was reading it kehhlyr

Edited by - TLT on 18/04/2009 23:04:47
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  23:30:34  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ideally wait 10 days before feeding again after a regurge, this allows the bacteria in the gut to return to normal levels so the next meal can be digested. when you do feed her again try a smaller than normal meal.
the temps in your viv sound fine so that shouldn't be the problem. any pics of your set-up? there might be something else stressing her out that's made her regurge.

Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Egg

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  12:07:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems she is vomiting rather than a regurgitation (which happens shortly after ingestion rather than days later). I agree with the others, wait 10 days before you try feeding again, with a small food item (pinky). If she tolerates this, build up to fluffs again slowly. However, if she has vomited more than twice in succession and her habitat is adequately set up, I would recommend you take her to a reptile vet. A stool sample will be needed for analysis.

1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)
0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chico (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000