Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  22:12:26  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was holding Srawbs earlier and noticed a dark patch underneath her about half way down her body.
As she's albino, she has pale scales underneath and what i see could just be her 'insides', but i was wondering if anyone else has an albino with the same problem?

she seems fine in herself and fed well last wednesday.

cheers

0.1.0 Albino Nelson's Milk (Strawbs)
0.1.0 Royal Python (Velvet)
0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  22:14:16  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
typo - 'strawbs'!

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:08:50  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does the dark patch move at all?
Can you get any pics?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:23:12  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
pics are hard to take because she moves very quickly.

not that i noticed. it's not like a harsh black dot or anything, it's more like something internal, like guts maybe!?

I'm thinking it's her internals but i was just curious as to whether it's normal to be able to see a very faint darker area on the underneath of an albino snake?

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:32:57  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Out of curiosity, does it look any similar to this:

Pic is of someone elses, but pilfered it for here because it was fitting, hope you don't mind. If so, then belated apols.

SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 10/03/2009 01:14:36
Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:37:24  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
.... erm, i'm scared to say, but yeah. maybe a little lighter in colour though?

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:38:47  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
actually, much lighter in colour, but yeah pretty much the same....

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:38:50  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How long have you had her now?
what/when was her last feed as well?

SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:41:49  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have had her 2 weeks, and i fed her for the first time last wednesday. she took it a few hours later and pooped it out on my pillow yesterday!

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:43:18  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh and i fed her a pinky! [she's 5months old ish]

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:55:45  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is the first time you've noticed it though, I'm assuming she was only fed one pinky, which i saw in the pics she passed that nicely.

Has she changed in herself at all? or is she still normal? How closely have you been able to look at it?
Unfortunately, i'm not brilliant with stuff like this, but it's always worth a quick trip to decent rep place or vets, to help put your mind at ease if nothing else.

SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  01:01:56  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i held her earlier and she's fine! inquisitive and lively as usual!

i looked pretty closely, it didn't move or anything?
should i be worried do you think? or do you know of a member on this site who's clued up on this kinda stuff?
last question, did Nova1990 find out what it was?

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  01:13:30  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
SerpentSeven is a fountain of knowledge, unfortunately she's not often on this late at night.

As for Nova1990, I 'borrowed' that piccy from a different forum, but thought i'd belatedly ask for permission just in case she was on this forum. Using her piccy without actually checking first could get me told off. So again Sorry for using piccy before being able to ask.

SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  01:21:17  Show Profile  Click to see GirlHarry's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, thank you for your help. i'll leave this for tonight and check it tomorrow. thankyou for replying so speedily :)

0.0.1 Corn Snake (Dave)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  01:41:11  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, no probs, i was supposed to be doing something else, but might go to bed now instead.
G'night.

SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  13:37:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jally is like that underneath and she's see through. She's fine and it's nothing, but I know it can mean other things.

I would keep an eye on it and if it changes, gets darker, more prominant or swells then seek vet advice ASAP. Same if she starts to have trouble pooing.

Hopefully it'll be nothing.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000