As promised.. Ryuzaki
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nova1990
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  19:36:18  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got my Mexi Black today . Hes a sweet little thing although the first thing he did when he got dropped off was poop but I love him.. He also likes being handled and doesnt like it when i put him back in his rub..

Here's Ryuzaki

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  19:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice looking King, but isnt an MBK sorry someone has possibly given you wrong info on this king. Is stunning though

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  19:44:01  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
really? the guy who sold him to me was told he was but has slightly more yellow markings.. oh well :P any ideas on what he is then?

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  19:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks very desert like but not sure there is enough colour, also a possibility it is a Black Kingsnake just not Mexican black

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  20:01:06  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ah fair enough.. im not to fussed either way :P

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  20:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nova1990

ah fair enough.. im not to fussed either way :P

:) I wouldnt be either is a wee stunner

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  20:03:33  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thank you :) such a friendly little thing too.. completly different to what i thought kings was like

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Go to Top of Page

Crimson King
Egg

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  20:18:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mexican black kings have been said to be just melanistic desert kings and I tend to agree....Yours surely shows both, and both ssp. can and do have influence on each other as their ranges overlap. Some very solid black adult L.g.nigrita started their lives looking every bit as a typical [/i] L.g. splendida[/i]....
"Purists" would want more pattern and less black in a desert king, while less pattern and more solid black in a mexican black king..:)
Truth is, more wild animals likely look like a blend of the two.
:Mark

www.crimsonking.piczo.com
Go to Top of Page

sauceman
Snake Mite

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  23:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crimson King has nailed it. The ranges of spendida (Desert), nigrita (MBK), and California all overlap in Southern Arizona. I travel there a couple of times a year for field herping trips, as do many of my friends. It is more common to find intergrade animals than those that look pure in that region. What you have there looks to be an intergrade between splendida/nigrita. But, it may be a dark or melanistic nigrita. Very nice animal.

Sauceman (John Worden)
http://www.johnworden.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000