Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  21:07:01  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just got of the phone with a bloke who's got a adult mexican black for sale,he said it is 4' but no idea of age as he got it as a adult.
He said he's open to offers and it comes with 2 mats (no stats being used)4' tank and decor.What do you reckon i should offer?

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

lewy
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
25000023 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  21:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends on the quality of the tank really, We got Nagini at 4-5' (She's 5 and a bit now) we payed £80 for the snake only, you can get mexis cheaper at shows if you're lucky enough and the prices at shows are always miles better.

Mexican Blacks are gorgeous snakes and so better the bigger they get to be honest.

Lewy

THE KING SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  21:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Offer him what you are happy to pay. As long as you both agree a price you are happy with then its a good one. Not the greatest advice for telling you what its worth but as long as you're happy then there is no problem.

Look at the tank and decor to make sure you won't have to buy anything new and take that in to account when making your offer. Also remember to budget for the stat you will have to buy.

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  22:34:27  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i bought my 4ft viv secondhand, just the melamine, glass-fronted viv for £60 (if that helps with working out what you might offer?)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

TLT
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  00:15:30  Show Profile  Click to see TLT's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
same as what magneticblue sed really i hav started to think bout new viv 4 houdini as i know she is only a baby at the mo she will soon grow and as she is my 1st n im still learning i wil prob pay to much but as long as im comfortable wiv it n it suits her needs there aint a problem. so jst pay wot u are comfortable wiv.
Go to Top of Page

Carl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
498 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  20:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same as above as long as you dont feel like your getting ripped off,
I paid £70 for Snoop in a shop which I think was quite reasonable to be honest.

1.0.0 Mexi Black (Snoop)
1.0.0 Milk Pueb (Lestat)
0.2.0 Mexi Black (no name)
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2009 :  14:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Offer a low price like £60- they can only say no!

Then you can up it after

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  15:19:00  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Story so far........
Went to see the snake and was'nt hapy with the level of care it was getting,kept in a filthy tank in direct sunlight witn no hides or decore.The couple were only about 16 and didnt have a clue,any way he said he was looking for about £100 all in,told him i ony wanted the snake and that he would have a hard job selling it because of there bad temperment, and he said he would take £50 for the snake.I really took the p**s and offered him £20.I waited to be told where to go then he said ok,deal done,im smiling like a cheshire cat.
she/he is absolutly stunning,will post some pics later.
Have named it already "DIABLO"

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

lewy
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
25000023 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  16:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just right If it was in a filthy tank - I would have took the snake just to give it a good life.... but you may as well bring the price down if you can. Well Done Lee... PICS PICS PICS!!!

Lewy

THE KING SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  18:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Result! Well done to you! Pics ASAP

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  19:18:45  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
to be honest i would of paid more ust to get it out of there.when i got him out of the tanks his temperment was ok but a bit shakey,the same when it got him out of the rub to put him in the viv.A few hours later he really aggresive now,went clean some poop up and hissing and struck at me,whats the best way from here to tame him down.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  19:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Lee

Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  19:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Short regular handling sessions will be best. Just a few minutes each day should have him calming down pretty quickly

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  20:43:31  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats on your bargain lee!
give him a week to settle in, try a feed then leave him for another 48 hours before trying any handling. changing the water daily should get him used to you and it you're not trying to interact with him he should (with time?) not see you as a threat. calm, steady movement when your hand's in the viv, make sure you know where he is in the viv and place the water bowl somewhere accessible.
i just posted this on another thread but the same applies:
if he's a bit 'viv-defensive', you could try just opening the viv door and letting him come out himseelf, then supporting his weight while he comes out, until you're holding him. it might take numerous attempt to get him interested enough to make the first move. once out they often settle down but still keep the handling session short - 5-10 mins.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  21:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You lucky (and cheeky) monkey!

I want your bargaining skills!

Go to Top of Page

Darren
Egg

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2009 :  21:45:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done now the snake will be look after correctly and as serpentsseven said just opening the door and letting him come to you I had the same with my snake but she seems fine now just now and then she have a little try at my hand
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000