The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 Dark area on 'stomach'

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GirlHarry Posted - 09/03/2009 : 22:12:26
I was holding Srawbs earlier and noticed a dark patch underneath her about half way down her body.
As she's albino, she has pale scales underneath and what i see could just be her 'insides', but i was wondering if anyone else has an albino with the same problem?

she seems fine in herself and fed well last wednesday.

cheers
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 21:57:07
awesome! :)
magneticblue Posted - 10/03/2009 : 21:54:54
I would say yes, but there may be an odd occassion where she decides she only wants one
GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 21:47:41
Just a bit of an update; fed her tonight and she seems totally fine.

I defrosted one picky and she practically pounced on that, so i offered her a second, and she scoffed that down too :)

aww so proud of her

Should i assume from now on that she's on two pinkies per feeding time?
GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 18:01:33
okay :) thank you
jono2411 Posted - 10/03/2009 : 17:52:36
Ramesses gets them... i think its just food... the fact that strawbs pooed just after the feed probably indicates that it wasnt from the pinkie that you had just fed her as they take a couple of days to digest etc...
GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 16:22:11
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by GirlHarry

well i just checked her out again and the darnkess seems to have faded. She's due a feed tonight, so i'll see how that goes.

i've only seen her poop since i've had her (2weeks, just over) and both have been on me, is that a decent amount of poos in a 2 week period?

Hopefully it's just a nice visual of some of her internals.
About 2 years ago, my snow had a MASSIVE dark patch inside him, and it concerned me until i put 2 and 2 together. Feeding a jet-black mouse to a very pale snake can leave a dark patch for a few days.

My snakes poo the same amount as they eat. So if they have 2 mice, they seem to do 2 poo's.

great :) well she is albino and she does eat pinkies, which are more purple than pink really...

well she's fine, so i'll see how she feeds tonight
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/03/2009 : 16:14:19
quote:
Originally posted by GirlHarry

well i just checked her out again and the darnkess seems to have faded. She's due a feed tonight, so i'll see how that goes.

i've only seen her poop since i've had her (2weeks, just over) and both have been on me, is that a decent amount of poos in a 2 week period?

Hopefully it's just a nice visual of some of her internals.
About 2 years ago, my snow had a MASSIVE dark patch inside him, and it concerned me until i put 2 and 2 together. Feeding a jet-black mouse to a very pale snake can leave a dark patch for a few days.

My snakes poo the same amount as they eat. So if they have 2 mice, they seem to do 2 poo's.
GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 15:31:50

thank you for your responses :)
Kazerella Posted - 10/03/2009 : 13:37:34
Jally is like that underneath and she's see through. She's fine and it's nothing, but I know it can mean other things.

I would keep an eye on it and if it changes, gets darker, more prominant or swells then seek vet advice ASAP. Same if she starts to have trouble pooing.

Hopefully it'll be nothing.
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/03/2009 : 01:41:11
ok, no probs, i was supposed to be doing something else, but might go to bed now instead.
G'night.
GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 01:21:17
ok, thank you for your help. i'll leave this for tonight and check it tomorrow. thankyou for replying so speedily :)
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/03/2009 : 01:13:30
SerpentSeven is a fountain of knowledge, unfortunately she's not often on this late at night.

As for Nova1990, I 'borrowed' that piccy from a different forum, but thought i'd belatedly ask for permission just in case she was on this forum. Using her piccy without actually checking first could get me told off. So again Sorry for using piccy before being able to ask.
GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 01:01:56
i held her earlier and she's fine! inquisitive and lively as usual!

i looked pretty closely, it didn't move or anything?
should i be worried do you think? or do you know of a member on this site who's clued up on this kinda stuff?
last question, did Nova1990 find out what it was?
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/03/2009 : 00:55:45
This is the first time you've noticed it though, I'm assuming she was only fed one pinky, which i saw in the pics she passed that nicely.

Has she changed in herself at all? or is she still normal? How closely have you been able to look at it?
Unfortunately, i'm not brilliant with stuff like this, but it's always worth a quick trip to decent rep place or vets, to help put your mind at ease if nothing else.

GirlHarry Posted - 10/03/2009 : 00:43:18
oh and i fed her a pinky! [she's 5months old ish]

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000