The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Aggressive MBK :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NikkiLian Posted - 05/05/2011 : 11:51:03
I've had Chaos for around 8 months now, although he's always been feisty he's never shown any aggression. The last 2/3 weeks he won't let me near him :( i've not changed anything whatsoever in his viv, he's still feeding, pooing and shedding fine. His temps are all spot on. I have managed to look over him (through the glass) and he doesn't seem to have any retained shed and he's not got mites, and from what i can see, no other medical issues. I only have to step up to the glass and he strikes at it :( If he carries on like this i may have to think about rehoming him because my children won't even go in the rep room now. Any advice would be great, thanx in advance.

Nikki
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NikkiLian Posted - 09/06/2011 : 20:27:35
Hi MarkSue, thats how i used to get him out of the viv, but now he wont even come near me :( And to answer ur question, he has now been sold, he'll be going to his new home this sunday :)
MarkSue Posted - 30/05/2011 : 13:42:28
Hi..Mine was the same, and still is to a degree. Dont be worried about a bite, its not that bad. What i do with mine is open the glass and let him come out to me rather than just picking him up, let him come out a few inches then gently put your hand under him and just let him work his self out.

ps.....is he still for sale :)
NikkiLian Posted - 23/05/2011 : 21:03:40
hi, sorry for the late reply, my laptop was bust! I have 5 other snakes in the same room, one of which is def a female. He's still not calmed down any so i've decided to put him up for sale :( reluctantly i might add! but to be honest my two younger kids saw him strike at me and now they're terrified of him. i want them to feel comfortable around the snakes and dont want the MBK to put them off all snakes. If u know of anyone who may be interested in him, please let me know.
Thanx
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/05/2011 : 23:56:43
Trio goes batcrap mental like that every year when the lasses are in season so to speak.
Have you got any female snakes in the room??
Oh How Original Posted - 13/05/2011 : 18:35:06
My King went the same, think the best thing to do with them (just in my opinion( is take a bite, and handle him, he should calm down.
The same thing happens a lot with Carpet Pythons, they can be aggressive in the same way, and just need handling more often than not.
Good luck :)

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000