New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NikkiLian
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  11:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had Chaos for around 8 months now, although he's always been feisty he's never shown any aggression. The last 2/3 weeks he won't let me near him :( i've not changed anything whatsoever in his viv, he's still feeding, pooing and shedding fine. His temps are all spot on. I have managed to look over him (through the glass) and he doesn't seem to have any retained shed and he's not got mites, and from what i can see, no other medical issues. I only have to step up to the glass and he strikes at it :( If he carries on like this i may have to think about rehoming him because my children won't even go in the rep room now. Any advice would be great, thanx in advance.

Nikki

Oh How Original
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  18:35:06  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My King went the same, think the best thing to do with them (just in my opinion( is take a bite, and handle him, he should calm down.
The same thing happens a lot with Carpet Pythons, they can be aggressive in the same way, and just need handling more often than not.
Good luck :)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  23:56:43  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Trio goes batcrap mental like that every year when the lasses are in season so to speak.
Have you got any female snakes in the room??

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

NikkiLian
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2011 :  21:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, sorry for the late reply, my laptop was bust! I have 5 other snakes in the same room, one of which is def a female. He's still not calmed down any so i've decided to put him up for sale :( reluctantly i might add! but to be honest my two younger kids saw him strike at me and now they're terrified of him. i want them to feel comfortable around the snakes and dont want the MBK to put them off all snakes. If u know of anyone who may be interested in him, please let me know.
Thanx
Go to Top of Page

MarkSue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2011 :  13:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi..Mine was the same, and still is to a degree. Dont be worried about a bite, its not that bad. What i do with mine is open the glass and let him come out to me rather than just picking him up, let him come out a few inches then gently put your hand under him and just let him work his self out.

ps.....is he still for sale :)

Go to Top of Page

NikkiLian
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  20:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MarkSue, thats how i used to get him out of the viv, but now he wont even come near me :( And to answer ur question, he has now been sold, he'll be going to his new home this sunday :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000