The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 HUGE RATTLESNAKE!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mr. Oblivious Posted - 21/08/2010 : 23:38:38
Get a look at this thing, Sorry for the crappy picture, I had to do a screen shot.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 29/08/2010 : 21:57:08
Yeah I watche dLife in Cold Blood yesterday and Mr Attenborough was saying that they only strike as a last resort, whats the point of wasting venom on something you cant eat.
bluerain Posted - 25/08/2010 : 14:41:28
It is a shame that people are so predudiced towards the vevomous snakes!
I remember when i lived on a farm up in Caithness the local farmers would kill the Adders and stick them up on spikes....Such a shame that nothing seems to ever change. As said, Rattlers are probably more scared of humans, and would rather move out the way and hide than strike!
Mr. Oblivious Posted - 22/08/2010 : 17:20:18
They mostly only live out in rural lightly populated areas, usually overgrown fields, pasture land and foothills. When I lived in Florida on 10 acres years ago I killed one by mistake one time mowing down some heavy grass with the lawnmower. Despite their powerful venom, short of actually stepping directly on one or trying to handle one, they really aren't much of a danger to people. If you were walking about in their territory, you'd probably come in close proximity to a couple and never even know it.

People have a bad stigma about venomous snakes in the south and they are usually destroyed on site. It's too bad because actually help keep the rats and field mice under control.
Triangulum Posted - 22/08/2010 : 14:24:50
Thanks for the Info Mr.O. So it really could be genuine. Can't believe it was Killed, I imagine these snake's are a nuisence to most people in the area. Such a shame.

Scott
Mr. Oblivious Posted - 22/08/2010 : 14:00:14
It's an Eastern Diamondback, I live in the southern US, they really common throughout Florida, Georgia and Alabama but usually only get about 5 - 8 feet. This thing must have had one heck of a food source for a long time.
Triangulum Posted - 22/08/2010 : 11:22:53
What Species of Rattle is it? I'm not to up on the Venamous. Could this be fake? Who knows?

Scott
Mr. Oblivious Posted - 22/08/2010 : 01:18:54
It's a real shame that such a fine animal had to be killed. It should have been photographed and left alone, but they don't like snakes in Alabama I guess.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000