The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Mexican black milk snakes?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
filardimarg2 Posted - 24/04/2010 : 13:03:23
Can anyone tell me if the above are easy to find, i would, later this year, really like one of these.
I have heard that some retain the bar's or stripes when adult, is thsi right, if so, why is this & how would i get one that doesn't? I think they are wonderful when they have that sheen on them, like oil spilt on water.
Thanks for helping.

Marg.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
filardimarg2 Posted - 29/04/2010 : 15:41:09
Sorry for the delay in replying but we have been away for a few days.
I'm in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. I wouldn't want one till later in the year, but would be interested.
Marg.
Carl Posted - 28/04/2010 : 20:15:29
Yeah I wouldnt mind one myself, they seem great snakes.
Kazerella Posted - 27/04/2010 : 14:15:31
I think they had some at Doncaster show last year, but can't remember how much they were going for.

Where abouts are you Marg?
filardimarg2 Posted - 24/04/2010 : 20:27:00
Scott thanks for the reply, sorry, i do get things mixed up, i was talking to someone about them & they said about some other snake called mexican......i just typed the wrong thing.
Yes that is what i meant, where would i get one from, do you know? They do sound great snakes.

Marg.
Triangulum Posted - 24/04/2010 : 17:38:29
Hi Marg,

I imagine you mean the Black Milksnake (l.t.gaigae) not Mexican Black Kingsnakes (L.nigrita).

The Black Milks have just recently been cropping up in the UK, which is a great thing, as these are great animals. Easily obtaining 6ft in length. With each shed, they get darker, and when they are about 1.5-2 Years old they are fully Black. I've never heard of a genuine Black Milk retaining it's triads, this must of not been a true Black Milk.

Early this year there were a few for £100 each, and a few American Imports at £400 each, All of which have come from the states regardless, so the quality is in both, regardless of the price.

Scott

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000