Mexican black milk snakes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filardimarg2
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  13:03:23  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me if the above are easy to find, i would, later this year, really like one of these.
I have heard that some retain the bar's or stripes when adult, is thsi right, if so, why is this & how would i get one that doesn't? I think they are wonderful when they have that sheen on them, like oil spilt on water.
Thanks for helping.

Marg.

Triangulum

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  17:38:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Marg,

I imagine you mean the Black Milksnake (l.t.gaigae) not Mexican Black Kingsnakes (L.nigrita).

The Black Milks have just recently been cropping up in the UK, which is a great thing, as these are great animals. Easily obtaining 6ft in length. With each shed, they get darker, and when they are about 1.5-2 Years old they are fully Black. I've never heard of a genuine Black Milk retaining it's triads, this must of not been a true Black Milk.

Early this year there were a few for £100 each, and a few American Imports at £400 each, All of which have come from the states regardless, so the quality is in both, regardless of the price.

Scott

Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  20:27:00  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Scott thanks for the reply, sorry, i do get things mixed up, i was talking to someone about them & they said about some other snake called mexican......i just typed the wrong thing.
Yes that is what i meant, where would i get one from, do you know? They do sound great snakes.

Marg.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  14:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they had some at Doncaster show last year, but can't remember how much they were going for.

Where abouts are you Marg?

Go to Top of Page

Carl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
498 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  20:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I wouldnt mind one myself, they seem great snakes.

1.0.0 Mexi Black (Snoop)
1.0.0 Milk Pueb (Lestat)
0.2.0 Mexi Black (no name)
Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  15:41:09  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the delay in replying but we have been away for a few days.
I'm in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. I wouldn't want one till later in the year, but would be interested.
Marg.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000