The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 just a dumb question!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
diesel Posted - 06/07/2009 : 20:54:39
i know alot on here have milk snakes, well my question is when a milk musks you can it make you ill??
i was handling a hatchling milk thursday and it musked me i thought nothing of it and washed my hands first chance i got which must av been a few hours after (i had no access to wash them before hand) well by the friday i was ill i had a huge fever a headache that felt as tho id been hit with a sledge hammer (yeah not a poxy claw hammer but the biggest sledge hammer you could find ouch) my kids was all fine my partner to which all tend to be if i get ill they get it well at least ones does,
what am asking is could it have been the milk musking me that made me ill or just something else??
i was thinking of getting a milk but this has put me right off unless my minds set at rest, prob a dumb question as i stated just thought someone on here might have had this happen to them as well thanks if anyone can help
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snakelady Posted - 08/07/2009 : 16:51:49
some shops astound me, why not let you wash your hands, silly shop
Kazerella Posted - 08/07/2009 : 09:11:32
I would've thought so too - they should have the gel available if they won't let you use the sink. That's just bad hygiene practice.
lee2308 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 23:16:55
All rep shops should provide antibacterial gel for customers who have handled reps
Kehhlyr Posted - 07/07/2009 : 21:53:10
Bit wrong that they wouldn't let you wash your hands though. What's the problem with you doing that? they should know that it's better to.
Carl Posted - 07/07/2009 : 20:35:05
I dont think its salmonella you would have been on a drip and in hospital, its brutal, my mate was hospitalised for nearly two weeks with it, it sounds like you caught a bug.
diesel Posted - 07/07/2009 : 18:39:32
thanks to everyone who answered even if it was dumb thing to ask lol but thanks again
diesel Posted - 07/07/2009 : 18:37:23
i had no access to wash my hands as where the rep shop is its out in the sticks (middle of know where for the people that dont know lol) i asked if i could wash my hands there and they said no and to wash them as soon as i got back into town (which i did do) but its a 1.30hrs back into town from where it is so that must have been what it was, i had no other way of washing my hands i washed them in a public toilet as soon as i could but is clear it was to late,
i think tho i wont be getting as am not gonna risk it again as it could even if i did wash them right after it really made me ill
Kazerella Posted - 07/07/2009 : 13:46:18
I would agree that it's possible that it did give you a bug- but only because you didn't wash your hands after so had chance to infect yourself by contact with your hands and mouth.

Musk is a bit urinate so it will have some germs in it, but nothing that soap and water wouldn't protect you from.
lee2308 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 21:43:09
Salmonella? all reps and other egg laying animals can carry it or may be swine flu.
magneticblue Posted - 06/07/2009 : 21:23:45
If you put your hands near your mouth in between being musked and washing thme then the musk may have caused you illness. If not then I would say you've simply picked up a bug from somewhere

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000