New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  20:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know alot on here have milk snakes, well my question is when a milk musks you can it make you ill??
i was handling a hatchling milk thursday and it musked me i thought nothing of it and washed my hands first chance i got which must av been a few hours after (i had no access to wash them before hand) well by the friday i was ill i had a huge fever a headache that felt as tho id been hit with a sledge hammer (yeah not a poxy claw hammer but the biggest sledge hammer you could find ouch) my kids was all fine my partner to which all tend to be if i get ill they get it well at least ones does,
what am asking is could it have been the milk musking me that made me ill or just something else??
i was thinking of getting a milk but this has put me right off unless my minds set at rest, prob a dumb question as i stated just thought someone on here might have had this happen to them as well thanks if anyone can help

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....
1 butter motley boy + 1 girl

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  21:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you put your hands near your mouth in between being musked and washing thme then the musk may have caused you illness. If not then I would say you've simply picked up a bug from somewhere

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  21:43:09  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Salmonella? all reps and other egg laying animals can carry it or may be swine flu.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Edited by - lee2308 on 06/07/2009 21:43:58
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  13:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would agree that it's possible that it did give you a bug- but only because you didn't wash your hands after so had chance to infect yourself by contact with your hands and mouth.

Musk is a bit urinate so it will have some germs in it, but nothing that soap and water wouldn't protect you from.

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  18:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had no access to wash my hands as where the rep shop is its out in the sticks (middle of know where for the people that dont know lol) i asked if i could wash my hands there and they said no and to wash them as soon as i got back into town (which i did do) but its a 1.30hrs back into town from where it is so that must have been what it was, i had no other way of washing my hands i washed them in a public toilet as soon as i could but is clear it was to late,
i think tho i wont be getting as am not gonna risk it again as it could even if i did wash them right after it really made me ill

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  18:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks to everyone who answered even if it was dumb thing to ask lol but thanks again

And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Carl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
498 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  20:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think its salmonella you would have been on a drip and in hospital, its brutal, my mate was hospitalised for nearly two weeks with it, it sounds like you caught a bug.

1.0.0 Mexi Black (Snoop)
1.0.0 Milk Pueb (Lestat)
0.2.0 Mexi Black (no name)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  21:53:10  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bit wrong that they wouldn't let you wash your hands though. What's the problem with you doing that? they should know that it's better to.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  23:16:55  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All rep shops should provide antibacterial gel for customers who have handled reps

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  09:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would've thought so too - they should have the gel available if they won't let you use the sink. That's just bad hygiene practice.

Go to Top of Page

snakelady
Snake Mite

47 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  16:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some shops astound me, why not let you wash your hands, silly shop

1 royal, cleo
3 corns, ruby percy and daphne, and a rescue king, lucy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly