The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 substrate gone down!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GirlHarry Posted - 25/05/2009 : 00:18:47
hi guys, a little worried , i fed strawbs her usual 3 fuzzies tonight and on the 3rd she attacked it from the size, managed to turn it around 'face-first', but in the process a piece of wood chippings clung to the mouse and went down first!! She let the fuzz go, and looked up towards me whilst trying to nom the piece of wood. it went down and i'd say it was half the width of my little finger nail and about as long as it.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?? Will it cause her any harm or will she be able to pass it?

Thanks!

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CharlieD Posted - 03/06/2009 : 15:44:36
Hey GirlHarry, Sorry to hear about Strawbs. Hope she passes it OK. I had a friend who had a Garter snake that swallowed a piece of the wood chip bedding. Needed a simple op form the vet to remove it. All was fine in the end but did leave a small mark. Keep an eye on it..
magneticblue Posted - 02/06/2009 : 21:31:30
Good news!
jono2411 Posted - 02/06/2009 : 21:19:52
glad to hear it
lee2308 Posted - 02/06/2009 : 16:41:07
thats a relief
Kazerella Posted - 02/06/2009 : 13:12:19
Good news
GirlHarry Posted - 02/06/2009 : 12:52:21
bit of an update.. strawbs seems fine, she had like 4 big poos but then nothing. she shed last night, so i fed her this morning. Got some nice pics/videos so i'll upload as soon as i get my paws on a camera lead!
Grumpy Posted - 27/05/2009 : 23:04:45
quote:
Originally posted by serpentsseven

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

lol,thats making me laugh more now,the thought of you wrestling with a snake over a pair of tongs,your supposed to let go of the prey once it's in their mouth.

and Marilyn isn't supposed to constrict round the tongs and my hand, honestly i nearly had a heart attack i thought it was going to be a vet-job, and it was about midnight too

Been there with my grey band, he has a talent for missing the mouse and coiling the tongs - and anything else in the area!
Gingerpony Posted - 27/05/2009 : 19:46:59
quote:

lol,thats making me laugh more now,the thought of you wrestling with a snake over a pair of tongs,your supposed to let go of the prey once it's in their mouth.

and Marilyn isn't supposed to constrict round the tongs and my hand, honestly i nearly had a heart attack i thought it was going to be a vet-job, and it was about midnight too
matty18714 Posted - 27/05/2009 : 12:55:17
quote:

your supposed to let go of the prey once it's in their mouth.

You still havent mastered that yet Ali?
lee2308 Posted - 27/05/2009 : 12:33:33
Gingerpony Posted - 27/05/2009 : 12:11:01
seriously, i wasn't laughing!!!

4 inches of tongs went down before i managed to retrieve them, she's so bloody strong my arms ached for days from wrestling with her!
lee2308 Posted - 26/05/2009 : 20:11:55
lol,can just picture it
Gingerpony Posted - 26/05/2009 : 20:00:25
quote:

I have chased mine round the viv with the tongs trying to to retrieve aspen out of his mouth.

sounds more fun than me trying to retrieve the tongs from Marilyn's mouth the other week.......................
lee2308 Posted - 26/05/2009 : 19:20:56
it should pass,i would of thought they eat more rubbish in the wild and pass it,thats not to say that we should not try and prevent it,but it happens.I have chased mine round the viv with the tongs trying to to retrieve aspen out of his mouth.
theonlydarrenever Posted - 26/05/2009 : 19:13:58
hey guys,

strawbs seems to be doing well. she's going pale so i suspect a shed soon. she's taken a massive poop in her warm hide which i've cleaned up. couldn't see any wood stuck in it though. hopefully she'll be fine. she's still got a little bump from her feed but i guess that'll go down soon.

she's acting the same as she always does though so that's a good thing :D

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000