Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  22:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got this girl dumped on my door step today,iv named her kiki but shes full of cat bites scratchs and what looks like a broken tail, as if shes got it trapped in something shes a huge softy but under weight she looks like a mexi but has some yellow speckleing all over her with a yellow checked belly, could she be crossed or just aint grew out of the specked stage (as some mbks are specked at hatch so iv seen)

am hoping you can see in this pic a few of the cuts, and the hour glass shape at her tail wheres its busted up

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....
1 butter motley boy + 1 girl

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:58:00  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i dont think that is a mexi unless its a hybrid/cross,you would only get the flecks on the belly,still a very nice looker though.Is that bulge by the vent?if it is try a bath and she might pass something,i think a trip to the vets would be called for though.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  17:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Lee. Its definitely not a pure mexi black. Hope you can nurse the little one back to health

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  18:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
definately not a mexi judging by the faint markings... i'd say a very dark patterend desert kingsnake but im no expert, that is just like, my opinion, man... Gorgeous whatever she is tho :)

1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake : Baron Samedi
0.0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake : (Hercule) Poirot
0.1.0 Striped Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake : Arminia
0.1.0 Pueblacorn - Cleopatra
0.0.3 Fire-Bellied Toads: Ghengis Khan, Bruce Lee & Chairman Mao

Go to Top of Page

Carl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
498 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  19:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a baby one just like that on the darkside and the fella said it was a Mexi, so I wouldnt rule it out.

1.0.0 Mexi Black (Snoop)
1.0.0 Milk Pueb (Lestat)
0.2.0 Mexi Black (no name)
Go to Top of Page

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  20:52:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in reply to all,
She was put rite into a bath as soon as id got her in out of the cold and rain, i noticed the cuts and lump while she was in the bath, she then pooped in it and lump was still there, well cause of the cuts more i took her to the vets who said it looks like she,s been trapped in maybe a viv door or even could av been a normal door cause of the cat scratchs its clear she,d got out, they weighed her and shes 686grams and very under weight i got given some iodine to clean the cuts as i told them am willing to pay for her treatment and keep her which they said was great, they also gave her a antibiotic cause 1 cut was starting to get alittle infected, shes now in a nice dry rub as was told to keep it 100% dry and only offer water and remove so the cuts stay nice and dry she took 2 rats tonite which is gd news shes so under weight her skin feels horriable
Am not bothered if shes a cali,mbk,or desert its jst going to b nice to see her change and get to gd health
Thanks for the comments and il keep every1 up to date on how shes doing.

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  21:10:00  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Out of curiosity, did you literally find her on your doorstep???
If so, can you explain please.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  21:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took the kids to school that morning then went an got my shopping i went to drop it of at home before i picked kids up and found a box on my door step, thinking it was jst newspaper frm my dad i put it on the table with the shopping and went and picked kids up got back and sorted shopping out so thought il take the newspaper out of the box as i had some cleaning to do anyway and shes wat i found in the box rather than newspaper, gd job i didnt get the knife to cut the sticky tape this time i jst used my house key

And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Snake Mite

12 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  21:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good on you & hopefully you can get her back to good health.

0.2.0 cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
1.1.0 royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Tango, Sparkle, Hogan, Shaggy, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
0.0.20 fish
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  02:41:16  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also sounds like someone put it there knowing you kept snakes.
Hope it all heals well, and the snake is healthy.

SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  07:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think i know who has something to do with it jst cant prove it,
Am hoping she gets bck to health and that the infection dont get worse.
I thought she mite b desert cause of the speckles but then compaired to my actual desert who is a dark 1, i thought maybe some mbk in her

And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  16:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well this certainly is a mystery there is no doubt about that. I suggest that I send Poirot in to solve this case... I'll talk to him and then get back to you.

1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake : Baron Samedi
0.0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake : (Hercule) Poirot
0.1.0 Striped Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake : Arminia
0.1.0 Pueblacorn - Cleopatra
0.0.3 Fire-Bellied Toads: Ghengis Khan, Bruce Lee & Chairman Mao

Go to Top of Page

Carl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
498 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  17:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its people like yourself and Lee that warm the cockles of my heart the way you just take snakes in to help them along. I'd like to think I would do the same, I hate seeing animals in pain or distress so nice one!!!!

1.0.0 Mexi Black (Snoop)
1.0.0 Milk Pueb (Lestat)
0.2.0 Mexi Black (no name)
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  17:56:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a interesting story - it amazes me how people allow their pets to get in such states in the first place, but this is weird because they obviously cared enough to make sure a decent snake owner took it in rather than just dumping it in the garden etc.

She's very nice anyway so I'm glad you are going to keep her.

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  09:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for all the nice comments, her cuts have started to heal up even the infected 1 looks heaps better and shes not living next to her water bowl now, she seems content to go frm hot to cold areas where she was jst staying in the cold area near her water bowl and constantly drinking.

And to pick up.....

NEW WEB SITE...

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  21:31:26  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming you seen this link: http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=606

On there is a linky for loads of lampropeltis family.
Look at the pic for the Black King snake, then look at the Mexican Black king snake pics.

By that guide, Kiki is a Black Kingsnake.

SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000