Jalisco Milksnake (L.t. Arcifera)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Triangulum

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  19:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The name "Jalisco Milksnake" is actually false to this particular species, and in the hobby. Nine times out of ten, These snakes sold under "Jalisco Milksnake" are infact a Ruthvens Kingsnake. A true Jalisco is much uglier, it has lots of black saddles and little black, they are very stocky and nothing like these guys.

I believe the history behind it is, A Zoological team from a particular zoo (I can't remember) went out searching for the Jalisco Milksnake in Jalisco area, However, They caught these guys, thinking that they were the real deal. Infact it wasn't until later on down the years, they found out that Ruthvens Kingsnakes were found there too.

So I'll stop confusing now, and say that these arn't the true Jalisco Milksnakes, they are a locale of Ruthvens Kingsnake. However they are sold as these, and us Europeans now see these as the real deal, When infact they are not.

Male

Scott

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2009 :  20:35:37  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we learn something new everyday,great pics scott

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  11:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like them whatever they are!

(although I do like Ruthven's anyway, but these look like they have a nice shine to them too)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000