A few pics of Bishop!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kamileun
Snake Mite

38 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  05:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I finally decided to give my little guy a name, and chose Bishop, which is chess inspired (black and white, yay?). Kind of silly I know, but if it doesn't stick I have a backup or two.

And I finally got around to taking some pictures with my crappy little camera. I really need to look into getting a nicer one, since this one won't take clear pics without the auto flash on, and I don't want to blind him.

Not very nice, I know, but it at least gives a clear view of how he looks. He's really an amazing snake to me, I love the stark white on black and have a few questions if anyone wants to answer.

I haven't seen many pictures of kings with these markings. Is he going to change much in color as he grows, or will he keep these markings? I can't figure out whether or not kingsnakes colors change as they mature. Does anyone know what color phase he is?

Grumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  17:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best guess from me would be an aberrant stripe cali, maybe one of the others can be more positive.

IanT

Blair's grey band
Albino cali female
Albino grey band female
Chocolate Cali
Taiwanese Beauty female
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  17:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's really nice looking. As far as I know kings keep their markings. I've never seen an ugly looking adult anyway

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  23:01:27  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice,think it's a dot dash cali

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Kamileun
Snake Mite

38 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2009 :  19:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, I'd never think of him as ugly :3 I was just wondering if the scale design would change, sort of like how some leos change when they grow up. But I'm rather glad kings don't change, because I really do adore his markings.

Dot-dash seems to really match up with a lot of the pictures that come up when I search. Thanks guys! That is a really cute name this color phase has XD
Go to Top of Page

IanHall09
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  13:14:50  Show Profile  Click to see IanHall09's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bishop is a well cool name for a snake!

Go to Top of Page

IanHall09
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  15:04:12  Show Profile  Click to see IanHall09's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking Bishop out of the alien films and not chess tho! Still top name!

Go to Top of Page

brookestar
Hatchling

146 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  10:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dot dash cali and a pretty one but there again i havent seen an ugly snake xD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page