New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alberts Keeper
Snake Mite

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  17:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I got a free upgraded cam-phone with a 3 MP camera. The pics look alot better than my old one though.

If you look close, the bands are gold on top and yellow as they get closer to his belly.

He is a very curious snaky, so getting pics is tough.

Also just finished the new enclosure setup for both my snakies.Here is a pic.

Hope you enjoy, I love seeing pics of MBK's and GBK's, one of them will be my next, once I get my rack system. I have a brand new Herpstat Pro on the way which means the rack system is next

matty18714

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  17:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice snake. Do you find breeding mice cheaper than buying for just the two snakes?

Go to Top of Page

Alberts Keeper
Snake Mite

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  17:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely! Each one of the tubs only cost $7 and that includes the water bottle. Pick up 3 females and a male for each one drill some ventilation holes and your in business. I am going to get two more tubs when the next litter is born so 1 of them can just be a dedicated grow out tub. I separate the prego females right before they give birth and keep them separate until the babies are weened (about 3 weeks). 1 female will produce 8-13 babies per litter, wait until they are the ideal size and feed what you can, then euthanize and freeze the rest to feed when you don't have the right size live. All total, start up cost is less than $20 and it is maybe $2.50 per month to maintain and I get to choose the perfect feeding size and schedule my feeding days accordingly. I also know the health and diet of the mice I feed, cause I raised 'em.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  19:03:11  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
NIice albino,just got one myself,i wish my mrs would let me breed them.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

matty18714

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  19:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good. Just so you are aware its not the norm to feed live in the UK (but its not illegal), though I see feeding pre-killed is the best option (but dont do that).

Go to Top of Page

Alberts Keeper
Snake Mite

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  22:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks matty18714, I was unaware that it was different.

Lee2308, I took a look at the pics and really like yours too. I don't know if I will ever breed Colubrids though. They don't fetch much here in the U.S. everyone is into Boids and Pythons. A typical kingsnake will sell for $45 - $150 here while a royal python can go for as much as $25,000 and the nicer common morphs average $1,000 - $3,500 daily.

With all that said, I do enjoy keeping Colubrids because they are so easy and very fun for me.
Go to Top of Page

snow
Egg

62 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  22:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very similar to my albino lucifer, that im sadly got to sell only dirrents is lucifer hasnt got any strip going dwn body all go across like nearer ur snakes head
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  13:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand why colubrids get a bad rap either. They are so easy to take care of.

I love my python and boas too, but to have loads and loads for breeding would be a right pain.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000