Help with ageing MBKs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark and Emma
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  12:28:21  Show Profile  Click to see Mark and Emma's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got 2 mexi black kings, 1 female, 1 male.
Both are 22g in weight, the female is 17inchs & the male 16.2inchs long. are their weights okay for their lengths, are should i up there feeding, there on 2pinkies every 5days at the moment, thinking or going to 3, what do you lot think?
Also can you give me an estimate of age? i thought they could be around 8months but i don't really know these things.

Also just want to say i been bit for the first time today, the male actuli drew blood, only a little tho, when he was latched onto the webbing of my finger i noticed his eyes are very pale & kinda blue, so its my own fault for not seeing he was going into shed before i got him out, its also feeding day too . Silly me.

jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  13:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say judging from that description compared with my Mexi that you are probably right in your estimate, i would say 7-8 months...

1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake : Baron Samedi
0.0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake : (Hercule) Poirot
0.1.0 Striped Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake : Arminia
0.1.0 Pueblacorn - Cleopatra
0.0.3 Fire-Bellied Toads: Ghengis Khan, Bruce Lee & Chairman Mao

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  15:10:11  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cant help you with the age,how many times have you fed them 2 pinkies and is there much of a bump?

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Mark and Emma
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  15:47:05  Show Profile  Click to see Mark and Emma's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They have been fed twice on 2 pinkies and there wasnt much lump, but i just got a new bunch of pinkies in today and it has large & small pinks in it, so i've given them a large & a small one and theres a more noticable lump there now. I got 3 fuzzies at the pet shop the other day just so i can see how big they are so i can see when they are ready to eat them like, but i was just worried if they were under fed or anything.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  18:11:30  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
feed them the rest of the pinkies you have left at 2 at a time then move up to the fuzzies

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000