Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  22:31:12  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
'thekingsnake' is now a censored word on the dark side

i saw it was *****'d out of my sig, i've only just realised - it's been a while since i've been on there, and the reason being is that it's a prohibited word

LMAO have we got them worried???

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos

matty18714

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  22:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, too much competition

Go to Top of Page

jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  08:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the darkside is rubbish, its full of unhelpful and rude people... or tools as i like to call them...

1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake : Baron Samedi
0.0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake : (Hercule) Poirot
0.1.0 Striped Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake : Arminia
0.1.0 Pueblacorn - Cleopatra
0.0.3 Fire-Bellied Toads: Ghengis Khan, Bruce Lee & Chairman Mao

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  08:54:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know why- the king snake isn't even the strongest site. We have too much competition for king snake sites as there are some other good ones about like kingsnake.com.

They are just funny sometimes, I think it depends what mod see it. Not all of the mods on there are that picky.

Go to Top of Page

jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
655 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  08:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i really like this set of sites... really helpful and nice... good work to whoever set them up...

1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake : Baron Samedi
0.0.1 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake : (Hercule) Poirot
0.1.0 Striped Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake : Arminia
0.1.0 Pueblacorn - Cleopatra
0.0.3 Fire-Bellied Toads: Ghengis Khan, Bruce Lee & Chairman Mao

Go to Top of Page

Grumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  11:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree this site is very friendly and helpful, to brighten everyone's day, yesterday my wife and I were checking water in all the vivs and hatchlings/youngsters, I decided to handle a few as we went along. Got to my new chocolate cali baby, running him through my finger and suddenly realised we'd come to a halt. Looked down and he'd latched on to my forefinger, just up from the knuckle and was trying to constrict.
I tried all the usual, no luck, put my hand in jug of cold water for about a minute, no good. Tried cold water in the sink with the water running gently and he let go immediately.
Thought I was going to be walking around all afternoon with a snake on my finger at one stage, my wife thought it was hilarious, I was just so surprised, I hadn't noticed, he's too small to do damage but he'd never shown aggression before. Assume he was peckish!

IanT

Blair's grey band
Albino cali female
Albino grey band female
Chocolate Cali
Taiwanese Beauty female
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  14:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless him- how did you get him off in the end? Just left him to it until he got bored?

Thanks for the compliments on the site too

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  14:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just seeing you walking round with a new fashion item attatched to your finger...

As for the dark side, is there loss, these forums are much nicer than over there...

You actually get advice not belittled, though god help them if they did that to me...
Go to Top of Page

lewy
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
25000023 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  16:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by serpentsseven

'thekingsnake' is now a censored word on the dark side

i saw it was *****'d out of my sig, i've only just realised - it's been a while since i've been on there, and the reason being is that it's a prohibited word

LMAO have we got them worried???

That's just rude in itself!

Lewy

THE KING SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  16:27:10  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why would they blank that one out and leave the others on there?

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  16:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably because it is similar to that swear word that ends in king...lol...stupid i know...
Go to Top of Page

lewy
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
25000023 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  16:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish that was how swear filters worked wolfspirt - It must have been added deliberately to stop people linking here... it breaks the link by changing the text to *'s - swear filter rules are added by mods word for word.

It's a bit childish really - it's stopping people from getting advice about their snakes. What's the point of running a site if it's not to help people.

If the mod that banned matty and Mart reads this, I link to RFUK all the time if there is any useful information on there.

If they have an interest in helping people in the hobby they should be thinking along the same lines... it's such a pity they are not, this isn't a competition - this is helping people in our hobby!

Lewy

THE KING SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Carl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
498 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  16:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont like RFUK all that much, the people are to aggressive if you dare to ask a question and sound like a NOOB they hammer you. Same goes for daring to have an opinion that doesnt match theirs. This sight is much better and friendlier (not sure if thats how you spell that lol) and since I've only got a King I get all of the really helpfull advice on here. So well done to you guys and give yourselves
a pat on the back!!!!

1.0.0 Mexi Black (Snoop)
1.0.0 Milk Pueb (Lestat)
0.2.0 Mexi Black (no name)
Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  18:11:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my ban was lifted I have found that I'm not using the dark side much at all now. Most common part I look at is the classifieds section. I noticed that my signature had change to the*********.co.uk but thought that they had just altered mine, didn't realise it was not a filtered word. They're just being ridiculous now

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  23:01:18  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lewy

I link to RFUK all the time if there is any useful information on there.

If they have an interest in helping people in the hobby they should be thinking along the same lines... it's such a pity they are not, this isn't a competition - this is helping people in our hobby!

very true! i put the ocassional link up to the dark side when it's useful and appropriate............... but nobody on here advertises the dark side in their sig................. maybe they're put out by the blatent way some of us did it?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  09:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well there was a competiton going to get a ban- bit cheeky of us really

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic