New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  17:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't remember who said that their king had been rubbing and damaged itself, but I know I said that Nagini was rubbed herself so badly she lost a complete scale off the top of her head and it grew back.

well..... looking through some old photos to find some good ones for the site- I've found a picture of her injury when she did it..

As you can see it was quite bad. Probably took a good 6-8 months to heal completely, but it did. Just shows how good their regenerative powers are

matty18714

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  17:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was it like underneath?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  17:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a beigey pink looking skin. I obviously didn't touch it because it looked really tender but the vet said it was healing fine and healthy.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2009 :  20:06:33  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
not a king or milk but Marilyn had a small lump on her nose when i bought her and it came off the next shed, taking the scale off with it. 4 months later it's barely noticeable and seems to improve every shed.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Carl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
498 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  17:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snakes just keep on impressing me, I visited a good reptile shop todayand the guy who owned it let me hold his juvenile albino burm quality looking snake with a great temprement, asked if I could buy it and was told in no uncertain terms no by the other half lol oh well one day

1.0.0 Mexi Black (Snoop)
1.0.0 Milk Pueb (Lestat)
0.2.0 Mexi Black (no name)
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  20:44:04  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
poor nagini,when she shed did it leave a hole in the shed where the scale was missing?

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  17:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really- more like a mucky mark on the actual shed. She didn't shed well at the time though so it must have effected her ability to shed.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000