Shedding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  16:27:13  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have no idea of age but at 4',any ideas how often he would shed.He seems to have a little patch left just behind his head underneath his head,should i just leave it until the next shed,as i dont really want to disturb him by bathing ect.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  17:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If its just a little patch then can you not just pull it off carefully without bathing?

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  17:54:31  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's not peeling and i dont think he would let me yet.I will try and get a photo later(if i can get up as i have done my back in).

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
SerpentSeven's Evil Twin

United Kingdom
726 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  20:16:32  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would hazard a guess (based on similar sized corns) at about every other month.............. but hey, i don't keep kings!

one thing that's the same regardless is if he's had poor nutrition prior to you buying him (fairly likely) with you feeding him regularly he'll probably have a growth spurt and therefore shed more frequently

i wouldn't be overly worried about a patch on his chin (as long as it isn't annoying him enough to self-mutilate!) shed skin stuck to a tail tip i'd be more concerned about though. i'd get the settling-in done first and getting him used to being handled a bit before bathing him.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

matty18714

United Kingdom
450 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  20:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not just the size its the age with shedding too. At four foot I guess its still growing so I agree with GP. When hes older prabably every 5 months if they follow the same pattern as corns.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000