Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Could the funny noises be my missing snake?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oh How Original
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  18:36:40  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, on 11th November 2010 my King snake went missing, I basically pulled every room in the house apart, and didn't find her, after about 3 months of leaving pinkies out in warm places, and heat mats out and things to try attracting her out, I gave up hope and thought she must be dead by then, but after visiting the pet shop they told me she could easily still be alive, living off spiders and things.
Now last night, there was a very very strange scratching sound coming from my attic, could hear it as clear as anything, it sounded like a rat or mouse (wasn't aware we had them lol) but the scratching then became slower and slower than stopped.
Could it be that maybe the snake is still alive and was constricting it and thats the reason for the scratching slowing?
I know it's very very far fetched, but I'd really love to find her now, and after so many people have told me she could easily still be alive, it's made me wonder if it would be worth having another good search in the attic for her?
I'd also like the point at, that the houses warm water pipes run up my wall, and the scratching was in the corner were the water pipes go up into the loft at...
Does anyone think she could still be alive, or am I just clutching at straws here?

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2011 :  20:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes she may very well be alive, theres no harm in looking up in the attic again.

Ours turned up just about 12 months after it went on holiday round the house.

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2011 :  13:51:05  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I set up a trap, and about to have a look and see if I find 2 pinkies still, or a nice fat snake lol.
Or I'd be happy at missing pinkies then I know she's still alive and kicking.
Then come up with some way of catching her lol.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000