Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KAA
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  16:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Just looking for advice, i have a 4ft desert king in a 3ft viv, the missus likes the looks of the corns would we be able to stack the vivs or would the corns sense the king and stress out, if so how far apart would you keep the vivs? and also handling one snake after the other? and would they never able to be out at the same time?

Welly
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  17:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Won't be a problem stacking them.
I have a MBK and he seems fine with the others. I do get them out together occassionally

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
Go to Top of Page

KAA
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  20:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers Welly, so you have no problems, i see you have a MBK and a python but no corns listed?

anyway thanks again, i did'nt know if other snakes could sense a king around and if they did would they stress out. i did not want the missus having a corn and the thing bricking it because there was a snake eating snake about
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  21:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is fine having these stacked, would suggest if handling them though you wash your hands between snakes though

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

KAA
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  22:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Gmac, all info kindly accepted, now i just got to persuade her to get another king instead of a corn the MBK looks a cracking snake, but hey the desert king is our first snake so a corn could be a little different, and it doesnt hurt to ask anyone for advice, i would not like to see a snake suffer because of ignorance........
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
Hatchling

United Kingdom
432 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  09:12:42  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, my King will be going in a stack of corns once quarantine is over and that I'm sure his funny turn a few days ago isn't something that could effect my other snakes. You should really wash you bands inbetween handling each snake anyway, no matter if they are different species :p I would defined wash your hands if you handle your corns and then your king though or you might get munched on.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000