New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goose
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  23:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.

Lexi, my king snake is 3 years old and I have owned her for the past 2 years. She was brought from a very good reptile shop.

Last summer whilst holding her for a good 10 minutes she quickly took a liking to my left thumb and attacked/ bit it very aggressively. She tried to constrict my thumb thinking it was food. She hung on for a good 10 minutes before she gave up. This happened again the next night I held her again. The same thumb and the same behaviour. It bled badly and she had a good taste of my blood.

Winter passed and she fasted for well over 2 months. She has been eating regularly now for well over a month now.

Now to the problem again. I held her again tonight and as soon as she came across the same thumb she attacked it straight away when she went from my shirt to my hand. It feels like she just sees my thumb as a tasty mouse now.

This is starting to affect my confidence whilst holding her now. I wore gloves every now and then after she did this last year and I was getting use again to holding her regularly but now this.

Any advice?

Thanks.

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  11:49:45  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my advise is dont use that hand lol,sorry but thats the best i can do.

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Resident Loon

United Kingdom
511 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  04:09:34  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Might sound odd, but do you suck your thumb?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

goose
Snake Mite

2 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  00:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I don't suck my thumb :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly