Viv tempertaures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

princessvicious
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  11:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather temp has dropped dramatically. Its been snowing since Saturday. The temp in my living room is 11c. Neither of my kings have eaten. Ruby, 2 years old hasnt eaten in 6 weeks. Verbal 6yrs has only had 3 fuzzies in 2 months. What are the nights temps and day temps supposed to be at? As i feel its too cold for them so they're going into some sort of hibernation.

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  17:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hot end temps for kings roundabout 30 deg C ish, I have constant day and night temps the same, all depends on the type of king you have, what are you using to heat your kings vivs?

Eating for 6 weeks is not really too much of a problem, could well be the time of year where the snakes have other things on their mind (snakie love). So long as your snakes arent losing weight they should be fine, just keep offering food weekly or fortnightly if you wish.

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

magneticblue
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1511 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  20:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember that in the wild your kings would go into brumation at this time of year. Even though your temps may not have changed the amount of daylight they are getting has. This may explain why they are not feeding. Don't worry about it as long as they are not losing too much weight.

1.1.0 Arizona mountain king (Sylar and Claire)
0.1.0 Blotched king ( Jasmin)
1.1.0 Guyana red-tail boa (Hercules and Athena)
1.0.1 children (Alfie and BUMP)

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  22:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that the same for hatchies?

1.1.1 Corns Geoff (Ghost), Rusty (Carolina), Fred (Amel)
0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1.0 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (cali)
1.1 Balls - Pastel + Bumblebee
Go to Top of Page

princessvicious
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  20:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roob's an albino cali king. Her eyes have gone a bit grey now so I'm expecting her to shed any time soon!!!! I have got her temp up to 28 during the day with a heat lamp 60w and 2 mats.But it drops to maybe 10 on a night when the lamp goes off. I'm gonne see if she sheds then have another go at feeding after that. Verb's viv is also up to 28, has reached 30 by the evening, he also has a heat lamp 60w and two mats. He was up to weener rats by march but now will only entertain tiny fuzzies. I dont have anything to weigh them on. I reckon Verb is ready to hump, he has never before!! But Roob is too little to put em together just yet..
Go to Top of Page

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  21:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this seems a bit strange that you are not getting any heat at night, can you tell us about your setup, what is the viv and size, what size mats and where are they located in the viv are they statted etc and substrate thickness and hat are you using for checking tempreratures and where is the thermometer located.

sorry it seems a bit long winded but with that much heat getting to it your viv should not be that cold.

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000