New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jackie
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  12:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi im really new to ths my partner has a female king snake she hasnt eaten for four weeks she lies in her water more can somebody please giue me some aduice my e mail is jackiewilcox@hotmail.com i would be grateful for any help thank u

Welly
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  18:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry too much.4 weeks on the whole is nothing. I have a Hognose here that went 6 months and dropped to 20g.
As for lying in the water bowl, again that's normal. Very worst, and i don't wish to scare you it could have mites. I have heard of them lying in water bowls if they do get them. But it's nothing thats not treatable.

Don't panic

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Kingsnake Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1609 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  18:48:21  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How are the temps in there and how are you measuring them?maybe a pic of your setup would help,meanwhile as welly as said i would be checking for mites,check in the bowl for little black specs,if theres any in there,squase them between you nails to comfirm if their mites,if so get back to us and well take it from there

1.0 dumeril boa,0.1 bci boa,1.0 royal python,1.0 mbk kingsnake,1.0corn,1.2 chinese water dragon,0.0.1 bearded dragon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  09:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nagini has been lying in his water bowl for the last week and has refused his last meal- we've put it down to his desire to brummate (He does the same every year).

What is the lighting like? He may have just realised winter is coming in quick and wants to get his head down for the cooler months.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000