California king always out & about.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filardimarg2
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  11:23:37  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a cali king snake, he is an adult & the last week or two has been out most of every day, this is a change in his usual behavour.
I know it is coming up to breeding time but i thought it was still a bit early, my other thoughts were, is he hungry, he weighs 453g & i give him an adult mouse once a week, should i increase that to 2 or try him with a weaner rat?

Gmac
TKS Grumpy Scots Admin

United Kingdom
754 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2010 :  11:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant really comment on adults, only have yearling and babba cali, but my experience of them is that the only time i don't see them out and about is when they are shedding.

an extra large mouse a week should be large enough prey for that size of snake.

9.6 Corns, 1.0 Bci, 2.1 Royals, 1.1 king snakes, 0.0.1 milksnake, 1.1 black rat snakes, 1.2 Beardies, 1.0 shovelface

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2010 :  15:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say that it's pretty normal. Nagini goes through stages- hiding a lot- being always out, being nice, being nasty, eating loads, going off his food.

I've leant not to worry too much because variety in behaviour seems to be a king trait.

Only thing I would say is keep an eye on him. If he's restlessy rubbing himself on stuff you might want to watch for mites.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000