New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eevosai45
Snake Mite

39 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  12:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Usually Rorschach is either exploring his tank or is in one of his hides and he will peep out,take a look and either go back inside his hide or come out and explore. Last night however he shot out of his hide and started zooming around the tank really fast. It was almost like he was trying to get to us as he was crawling at the front left part of the tank where we were nearest.
Is this normal behavior, such as maybe we woke him and he got a sudden burst of energy or should I be concerned?

Kazerella
King Snake Admin

United Kingdom
1512 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2010 :  19:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because he's a king snake I wouldn't be overly worried. They have strange moods which is what makes them so interesting.

The only thing I might check is the temps. If it was really hot within the vivarium then thins might give him excess energy. Too hot and he may be displaying heat stress.

If the temps were normal then don't worry- you probably just had chicken for dinner. All my snakes go crazy with the smell when me and Lewy have meat on the dinner table :0)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000