The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 strokes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
taitee Posted - 01/12/2009 : 18:53:57
my brother has just got a king snake its about 2 years old and he says its one side of its mouth is drooping as if its had a stoke. can this happen.. also its previous owner wasnt treating it properly she wasnt cleaning it out, she didnt have a thermostat in with it, its viv was filthy and she was spaying air freshner in it too could this have anything to do with it...

answers asap please were very worried!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grumpy Posted - 02/12/2009 : 21:07:56
No prob, that's one of the reasons we're all here :)
taitee Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:43:12
the snakes mouth has gone back to normal now and it seems much happier now its being tret better thanks for the help
magneticblue Posted - 02/12/2009 : 14:50:14
I'll also back up the need to see a vet
Gingerpony Posted - 01/12/2009 : 21:05:24
i'm thinking more towards an RI (Respiratory Infection), a trip to the vet certainly wouldn't hurt as antibiotics may be needed...
Grumpy Posted - 01/12/2009 : 19:25:48
quote:
Originally posted by taitee

my brother has just got a king snake its about 2 years old and he says its one side of its mouth is drooping as if its had a stoke. can this happen.. also its previous owner wasnt treating it properly she wasnt cleaning it out, she didnt have a thermostat in with it, its viv was filthy and she was spaying air freshner in it too could this have anything to do with it...

answers asap please were very worried!

Sure the others will jump in here, the lack of thermopstat and filthy viv certainly a concern, with snakes only having one lung and susceptable to lung problems spraying air fresherner in a very bad idea. I'd take him/her to Vet asap and get health check.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000