The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 Spider around viv.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JeremyGTS Posted - 17/07/2009 : 19:52:42
Hey, i know this is a UK forum but its the only king snake place i can find and you are the pros. Well my son noticed a big wolf spider on the outside of the VIV, he came and got me right away as he was worried for our lil guy. I didnt get to find the wolf spider but i believe him. Just moved into the house and they are all over! Im not sure if you have wolf spiders in UK or not but im sure you deal with other spiders. Is there anything i should be worried about? IF a spider did manage to get into the viv and bit my king do you think it would have a big effect on it? Should i be worried if my king ate the spider due to the exoskeleton? Sorry to sound worried i just wasnt sure.

Thanks.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
matty18714 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 20:56:34
I dont think the two animals would be interested in each other to be honest.
JeremyGTS Posted - 17/07/2009 : 19:58:20
Thanks for the reply. I didnt think it could get in but they manage to find a way into the house lol. Id hate to lose it over a spider bite or trying to eat lol.

Thanks again!
jono2411 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 19:55:13
I wouldnt think a wolf spider would be able to get into a viv that a king couldn't get out of. Then again i dont know how big wolf spiders are.... *checks wikipedia...*
Ok they arent that big but i dont think it would be too much of a problem IF the snake ate it, which i doubt it would...
The spider has probably just walked off somewhere else...

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000