The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 Please help me!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sarahmichelle Posted - 06/07/2009 : 21:57:46
I used to have a beautiful little black Cali King snake. I had her for about 2 years and one day while I was out my granda went in to feed and water her for me and he left her Viv open by accident and she got out. We tore the house apart (not literally, heh) looking for her for days to no avail.

Although it killed me to admit defeat I had to give up and assume she got out in the wild and was likely dead.

My granda noticed a shed snake skin on the hearth of the fireplace 2 days ago and with some help he smashed up the hearth to find Liquorice (my snake) underneath! Alive!!!

Now I'm absolutely gobsmacked and over the moon as I adore her. She's very thin, alot longer than she used to be and she's also struggling with food.

This is information I'm getting from my granda as I no longer live in Scotland and I live down south now.

He tried her on some small rats but when he went back to check she had regurgitated it. He's left her with a smaller rat overnight now to see if she'll manage that. She's drank loads of water too.

Can anyone help me with advice? I had no idea snakes could go so long without food. What should I be doing?

I really appreciate any advice. It would crush me to lose her after a happy reunion
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 20/09/2009 : 09:54:17
If you did sell her you would have to make sure she goes to someone with a lot of experience and knows beforehand that she's got anger issues. She should calm down, but it'll take time, so you need to find someone willing to put the effort in.
lee2308 Posted - 07/09/2009 : 22:30:12
She would probably calm back down,it just your job that dont suit.
magneticblue Posted - 07/09/2009 : 21:31:03
Thats a shame. Do you know anybody nearby who might be willing to tkae her for a while to get her settled again?
Sarahmichelle Posted - 07/09/2009 : 11:28:26
Damn, I went up to Scotland to get her and she's evil incarnate! My Granda reckons she's been in the wild too long and has developed an attitude problem, lol. Anyway, I'm absolutely terrified of her now. I've seen snakes striking the odd time before but she's constantly doing it. So much so that even wearing a full arm padded glove to handle her isn't doing any good. She just goes for other parts... honestly I'm a nervous wreck. I don't have the guts to re-tame her. I think I'll need to put her up for sale. Is that mean? I work as a flight attendant so turning up for work every day with snake bites all over my arms isn't too good heh...
bluerain Posted - 21/07/2009 : 08:17:20
Great to hear you seem to have her back and sorted! i love to hear stories with happy endings haha!!
Triangulum Posted - 13/07/2009 : 13:49:22
Glad everything has gone smoothly. How long was Liquorice gone for? It really is quite amazing how long they can survive for. Where abouts in Scotland is your Grandad? If he needs anything, depending on where you are in Scotland, I am not to far away.

Im in Fife.

Scott
magneticblue Posted - 07/07/2009 : 16:45:12
Good news, keep us updated please
lee2308 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 16:36:38
great news
Sarahmichelle Posted - 07/07/2009 : 16:23:25
Absolutely, got her an appointment already :)
jono2411 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 15:09:43
spot on... im very glad to hear that! Are you gonna take her for a check up at some point?
Sarahmichelle Posted - 07/07/2009 : 14:44:35
Well it looks like I may have been worried for no reason. My granda went in this morning to no rat and a very fat Liquorice, lol. He reckons she's much more active today also.
Kazerella Posted - 07/07/2009 : 13:52:14
I think a pinkie might be a good step up- she'll not be used to eating big meals at the moment.
lee2308 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:40:04
Keep us informed how she gets on.
Sarahmichelle Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:24:42
Yup, she's a fighter alright, heh.

Thanks so much for the advice and for the welcome. I'll get her all warmed up then try her with a small mouse maybe even a pinky to get her started.

I'll let you know how she gets on. Thanks again!!
lee2308 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:17:21
year and a hlf ,i would wait until the heat issuue is sorted and wait a week until feeding,she's a fighter,might be worth a vet looking her over if it's been eating wild mice ect it might of picked up some paracites.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000