The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 Shedding incident

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GirlHarry Posted - 01/07/2009 : 09:34:34
Basically, Strawbs was taking ages to shed, we were waiting for days hoping to see the shed happening, and eventually last night she did. We walked up to her viv and noticed she was in the middle of it. Got a bit excited but figured i'd actually leave her be, and finished the hoovering. My other half then started shouting something and when i turned off the hoover, he was screaming that strawbs was 'stuck'and for me to grab a wet towel.

She'd somehow managed to shed from half way down her body to her tail, and slithered back INTO the shed. her head ended up by her vent area of the shed, and couldn't break it open or move her mouth. We picked her up and wrapped her up in a damp towel whilst she was freaking out. [hoping that she'd wriggle her way round the towel and break herself free] Sighhhhhhh. Eventually she broke herself free and completed her shed. It really shook her up, she was completely freaking out.

Why on earth did she shed her tail then go back into it, head first?!

has anyone else experienced this???

It's scared me because had we not been there to see what was happened, i'd hate to think of what would have happened. :(
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Triangulum Posted - 21/07/2009 : 18:21:49
Very Bizzare. I can't imagine why she would of entered her skin again. I can't say I have experienced this with any of my snakes. Hopefully it's just a one off freak accident.

Scott
bluerain Posted - 21/07/2009 : 08:24:05
Hmmmmmm, That is a strange one, no idea why she would have done that!!! That being said though, i have seen a shed that was a complete unbroken circle before, how the snake managed it, ill never know???
Carl Posted - 18/07/2009 : 15:14:11
WOW weird, I dont know why but I always find shedding time slightly stressful, not the snake me, he just gets on with it whilst Im back and forth checking if hes done it.
Kazerella Posted - 06/07/2009 : 14:38:51
Never happened to any of mine but I'm glad you were there to sort her out
lee2308 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 10:03:51
That is really weird but then again women always like to do things differant,glad shes ok now though.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000