The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 Treated badly?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GirlHarry Posted - 30/03/2009 : 22:13:26
I went to a small reptile shop today and asked if i could hold the 2yr old albino honduran milk snake. he was totally gorgeous. the guy said no problem so i had a bit of a cuddle with him, but he was VERY jumpy. He'd try and dive out of my hands and then started munching my arm! Luckily i had a jacket on so he didn't get my skin, but it could have been painful as he wasn't too keen on letting go.

I spoke to the man there and he said that they don't have the time to handle every snake, so they get by without getting used to human contact. I thought it was silly as there're only about 6snakes in the entire shop. disgusted.

Just thought i'd rant off here a bit, because let's face it, who's going to want to buy a little vicious snakey? unless somebody's willing to put up with getting nipped a few [tens of] times and keen to train it to become more human friendly, it'll spend it's life in that little viv :(

sad times. :(

butbut, Strawbs has gone paaaaaaaaale and is due her first shed with me soon :D:D:D:D yayssssssss.

Hope you're all well and good :)

and sorry again for ranting!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GirlHarry Posted - 02/04/2009 : 10:41:35
ha, no idea. i went there when i was 18 last, good few years back now. still dark, damp and grungy as far as i know! But yeah, used to be that deal. can't complain with 99p drinks !
jono2411 Posted - 01/04/2009 : 00:02:00
i remember going to metros but for some reason cant remember leaving...
Is it still 5 quid to get in then 99p for a double and mixer on a wednesdy?
lee2308 Posted - 31/03/2009 : 19:05:16
I would stick with getting a mexi gh,royal are nice,i have one and love him to bits but they can be a right pain in the rear when they dont want to eat,you have only got to look at them the wrong way then they wont eat for 3 months.
Mentioning crb's,when i collected my corn from a private breeder he had one and brought it in from his out side rep room,when he let go of his head to open the door back up to take him back out he sank his teeth straight into his back,and he let out a massive scream,could hardly contain my laughter.
GirlHarry Posted - 31/03/2009 : 18:43:18
yeah, just outside cardiff :)
i'm in uni in Birmingham so i don't get out in cardiff much these days, nice city. I assume you know Metros?

Strawbs started shedding a few hours ago, and she seemed to be struggling. It was coming off in drips and drabs so my boyfriend and i bathed her in warm water. Darren decided to get a small flannel and dampened it with warm water so that she could wiggle her way around and hopefully get rid of some skin. She has a small bit left on her tail, so we have left her to do it on her own in her viv. I'll check her again in an hour or two and if it's still on her tail, should i give her a little bath again?? She's done so well so far, she seems very tired so i'd like to leave her be for now. Any advice would be fabulous! :)
jono2411 Posted - 31/03/2009 : 15:53:59
South Wales is it?
I used to go to uni in cardiff... i kind of miss it
GirlHarry Posted - 31/03/2009 : 15:49:26
jono- the one closest to me is a reptile shop within Leekes. but that's pretty tiny. The next is is Porthcawl, and they're fab. Unfortunately their albino burmese python got stolen :(:( he was huuuuuuge. apparently two sods [excuse my french] made the shop owner follow them into the back where they pretended to be interested in some reptiles, and because the locks on the vivs in that store are quite common, two others nabbed off with the python at the front :(

But yeah i go to Scales 'N Tales in Porthcawl.

Yeh he's pretty psyched. he wont stop going on about Mexi Blacks! We'll see, maybe when we both have a bit more money we'll invest
jono2411 Posted - 31/03/2009 : 15:11:44
When i get a CRB im probably gonna have a mister set to a humidity stat... hopefully that should be a good set up for the perfect humidity...
Kazerella Posted - 31/03/2009 : 13:32:28
I saw a Columbian hatchling at Doncaster show for £35, but Rainbows aren't an easy snake to keep. Getting the hunidity perfect is a full time job.

Mexis are brilliant.

GH- Mancunian bought a snake that bit him first hold in the pet shop and he loves that snake
jono2411 Posted - 31/03/2009 : 11:48:43
The CRB was only £99!!!!
Tell your BF to get a mexiblack.... they are off-the-chain amazing!
Don't tell anyone of the cornsnake forum but i think kings might be slightly better

btw, whats the reptile shop near you like? The two I am near (I say 2, one is near me, the other is near my parent's house...)
GirlHarry Posted - 31/03/2009 : 10:28:09
they are cute :) how much was the rainbow boa?

i had a nose in the shop cause my boyfriend wants to get a cali king and a mexican black, so we had a little look around. He wasn't there with me at the time but we pop in every so often in the hope that they have new stock in. I'm on the lookout for a royal python, that's probably going to be my next buy :D They had the most BEAUTIFUL boa constrictor there too. Was a right beauty.

Wish i had the £ to open a mini reptile zoo! Damn you Strawbs!! She's got me addicted
jono2411 Posted - 31/03/2009 : 09:47:43
The Baron was very nippy at first.... musking and biting everywhere, but now he is an angel when being held...

Its funny you should post this as i went into a pet shop and held a 3 month old colobian rainbow boa and he was the sweetest most amazing snake ive seen in a long time... really want one!!!!
Gingerpony Posted - 31/03/2009 : 09:41:22
TBH it will probably make sure only the right sort of owners buys it, but yes, i know what you mean though

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000