The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Health
 Retained shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Janos Posted - 06/09/2010 : 20:50:34
Hey all. My milksnake has a tiny bit of retained shed just on his lower jaw, and I've bathed him every few days to try and ease it off. The most recent time he crapped on me and bit onto my hand. I had to drip water on him to make him let go xD

Here's some pics of my first ever tag ^^

Anyways, antics aside...what should I do? Would it be okay to leave it till his next shed? =/. I don't want to stress him out any more >.<.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bluerain Posted - 09/09/2010 : 22:44:53
Im sure it will!
I had a similar problem with my Hypo Boa last shed, retained a good dollop on his head which i just could not for the life of me get off!
I just made sure that this time when i saw him go into blue i kept the humidity levels nice and high and he shed no probs at all. The retained shed came of with this shed so its all good!
Janos Posted - 09/09/2010 : 13:15:01
Thanks for the reply.

I've already got a moist hide of that exact description in there, around the middle of the tank, though he seems to favour his toilet roll tubes.. As you could probably tell from the size of the bite, he's quite small, so hopefully his next shed won't be too long ^^;
I just have to hope that that shed goes alright ^^;
bluerain Posted - 08/09/2010 : 09:03:11
I"d say probs be ok to leave until his next shed!..Working round the head area is always problamatic, and they just hate to be pinned!!!
You could always add a moist hide just for good measure, which is just a tupperware box with an entry hole big enough for your snake cut or melted out (filled with moist..not soaking wet sphagnum moss)....Put it near the warm side, but not directly on heat mat, as it will just keep drying out.
He will probs cuddle up in here and the moist sphagnum will help with that retained shed!

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000