The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A couple of questions.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carl Posted - 07/05/2009 : 13:38:48
Hi all. Just a quick couple of questions for you.
I'm moving Snoop up to medium mice, I've just bought them and looking at them was a bit worried that they might be a bit big. Will he naturally reject them if they are? Hes happilly eating 2 small now. Also the shop I've just been to has got a Mexi Black for sale,
but they dont know what sex it is and I dont want to waiste the best part of £90 if I'm unsure it is to small to probe, what do you reckon?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PunkAsF82 Posted - 22/05/2009 : 21:15:51

[/quote] with great house keeping
[/quote]

Now I can see a MKB in a little maids outfit
Gingerpony Posted - 11/05/2009 : 18:54:20
males tend to have longer tails but is not a very accurate method of sexing and relies on having a proper comparison.
CharlieD Posted - 11/05/2009 : 14:21:34
From what I've been told, if you have two babies of the same hatch and you compare the tail lengths, i.e. the distance between the vent and the tip of the tail you can very often tell the difference between male and female.. I'm not sure but I think the females have the longer tail... Obviously this is helped if you have a hatch of four or five, you can compare them in pairs and work out which are which from a single pair that are different.. Sure it is not as accurate as a probe but it is non invasive and useful if you simply have a preference for one or other as a babe..

lee2308 Posted - 07/05/2009 : 20:00:40
fair enough,at least there not trying to do something they dont know what to do and end up injuring the snake,got to respect them for that.
Carl Posted - 07/05/2009 : 19:54:06
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

to small too probe and too small to pop....ummm,probly has no idea how to,was it a rep shop.If your after a certain sex i would go for a older one that has been sexed properly or your taking a gamble with your money.

Yeah it was a rep shop, but I dont wanna say anything derogative about them because it is a very good shop, with great house keeping, its just that I dont think they have done it before thats all
lee2308 Posted - 07/05/2009 : 19:31:50
to small too probe and too small to pop....ummm,probly has no idea how to,was it a rep shop.If your after a certain sex i would go for a older one that has been sexed properly or your taking a gamble with your money.
Carl Posted - 07/05/2009 : 17:19:40
quote:
Originally posted by Grumpy

quote:
Originally posted by jono2411

cant they pop it instead of probing it?

That's the normal way, if the snake is too small to probe!

I did ask that but he reckoned it was to small so I ended up a little confused
Grumpy Posted - 07/05/2009 : 17:11:26
quote:
Originally posted by jono2411

That's the normal way, if the snake is too small to probe!
magneticblue Posted - 07/05/2009 : 16:56:05
Snoop will decide if the food is too big or not. If it is he may leave it straight away or he may try to eat it then give up a bit later. He won't hurt himself trying to get it down
jono2411 Posted - 07/05/2009 : 16:26:50

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000