The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Advice please.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carl Posted - 17/03/2009 : 16:53:45
Hi all, I just need some advice please, as I mentioned Snoop was in his blue stage for what seemed like an eternity, he came out of it and I was expecting him to shed, but so far nothing, is it possible for a snake to got through that blue/milky stage and NOT shed or will he shed eventually cos I'm getting a little worried.
Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated cheers
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 21/03/2009 : 11:54:16
Thanks, It does feel good to think I'm doing things correctly, I'm still nervous, not with him with regards to handling and stuff, just with things like that really long shedding process that hes just done.
magneticblue Posted - 20/03/2009 : 22:20:39
I'm building up a nice collection of sheds now. Nothing more satisfying than when your snake completes a shed in my opinion. I think it tends to suggets that all of the housing conditions are correct and you're doing a good job
Carl Posted - 20/03/2009 : 19:13:10
Yeah it was complete, all off in one, when he does finally get round to shedding it seems to come off in one.
magneticblue Posted - 20/03/2009 : 17:06:56
Good news. Was it complete?
Carl Posted - 19/03/2009 : 18:08:29
Well he finally shed last night well throught the night anyway, when I got up this morning his skin was there and also a great big poo lol
I guess the bath done the trick so thanks for the advice, greatly appreciated
magneticblue Posted - 19/03/2009 : 17:04:20
Now you tell him
Kazerella Posted - 18/03/2009 : 22:08:46
That's good. Most snakes go mental at bath time.
Carl Posted - 18/03/2009 : 19:46:18
well hes in the bath and hes just sitting there not trying to get out so I'm taking that as a sign he likes it.
Kazerella Posted - 18/03/2009 : 18:28:19
I'd get a rub or faunarium big enough to put him in (A lid is a must because they don't always like baths and will get out if they can).

Put just enough warm water in to cover your snake, but make sure there's plenty of room above the water for the snake to raise it's head out of it if it wants to.

The water should be warm, but not too hot. Too cold water is also very bad and can send them into shock. Test it with your fingers.

Just soak for a good 20-30 minutes but no longer so that the water doesn't go cold.

Pat gently dry with an old towel. That's it really.
Carl Posted - 18/03/2009 : 16:47:44
Can you tell me how to give him a bath please, regarding how deep and temp and like how long do I leave him in it, also do I towel him down or let him dry naturally. Cheers Kaz
Kazerella Posted - 18/03/2009 : 13:32:05
I wouldn't worry yet, the shedding process will be different from snake to snake, so a few more days isn't that abnormal.

Like Lewy says you could try giving him a bath to see if that will bring him along.

If it's any consolation, Nagini is a really bad shedder too. She's so grumpy and seems to take ages. She always manages it fine though
Carl Posted - 17/03/2009 : 17:49:40
I think its been 4-5 days mate to be honest, I've just had him out and he seemed perfectly fine apart from looking a bit dull, he was his usual curious self, it did take me a while to wake him though.
lewy Posted - 17/03/2009 : 17:18:40
How many days has it been Carl? Normally they'll go blue then clear for 2 or 3 days then shed. If you're worried try giving him a bath in slightly warm water.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000