The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Mac 4x4 Challenge for MacMillan Cancer Support

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gingerpony Posted - 05/03/2009 : 20:26:09
My OH and brother in law are off tonight to do the Mac4x4 Challenge, the event is 6th - 8th March '09.
If you feel it is appropriate and would like to sponsor him or make a donation please click on the links in my sig. His current total is £410, the minimum amount to enter the event is £600 and he's aiming to raise £1000. All the donated money goes to the charity, 'Team Terranosaurus' have paid their own entry fee.
Many thanks to those of you that have already donated as a result of my sig.
A bit about the event:
The Mac 4x4 aims to test navigational skills, observation, on- and off-road driving ability and endurance; by day and night.

You don't need a challenge truck to take part – any sensibly equipped 4x4 should be up to the event. Initially teams only know where they are starting from, the route being kept top secret until roadbooks are handed out along the way.

Teams undertake to raise a minimum sponsorship, currently £600 and all sponsorship received goes to Macmillan Cancer Support. Competitors pay for their fuel and sustenance en route. The costs of organising the event are covered by the entry fee. This includes an Award Dinner and hotel accommodation on the final night.

The event currently raises £100,000 every year for Macmillan and people affected by cancer.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 06/03/2009 : 21:03:26
they're in Barnard Castle (near Darlington/Scotch Corner area) tonight. they got the truck finished 15 mins before their start time today 12.33 and finished today about 20 mins earlier than schedule at 8.10pm. Terranosaurus is holding up well
Kazerella Posted - 06/03/2009 : 12:12:24
How are they doing? Have they started it yet?

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000