The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Shedding so soon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lee2308 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 12:31:00
I have not been able to see my snakes this last week due to being laid up in bed,the mrs has been looking after them and has said that he has not been out for a few days.She seen him poke his head outthismorning and said that his eyes are very grey.I know hes probly shedding but i was told when i got him (3 weeks ago)that he had not long shed.I would of thought a adult would of had longer periods between sheds or could he still be qiute young.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 22:25:32
I keep meaning to register with highcroft,i will get a leaflet off ryan at jurassics next time im in, when im better.I managed to get on my feet today for a little stretch of the legs and feeling 10x better than yesterdayso back to some sort of normality next week,hopfuly
Tizzy Posted - 06/02/2009 : 20:10:39
The vet at hightcroft does a freebie check over when you regester a new reptile, saw a flyer about it at Jurrassic reps - could be woth a visit once your back on your feet. I'll grab a flyer if i get up there tomorrow (gotta get some mice but the Happy landings junction was a death trap today so they can go hungry for a day or 2).
Gingerpony Posted - 06/02/2009 : 19:56:29
he's likely to be having a growth spurt with your TLC and that's the reason for more frequent shedding, IF the previous owners are to be believed!
and no, a vet probably wouldn't be able to age him as there's so many variables, particularly down to feeding - size of prey item and frequency.
hope you're back on your feet soon hun
jono2411 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 16:49:39
just read the topic, its such a shame when people dont know what they need to... personally I have about 6 books on keeping snakes (both general and specific) and find these forums invaluable...
Whether the couple were ignorant or stupid is debatable but neither is an excuse... hope Diablo is settled in nicely now...

peace

btw... great deal on him... 20 quid!
lee2308 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 16:39:30
So,lets say its 4yo,how often would it shed,it did have a patch left on it from the last shed,thats why i thought they could of been right about it having a recent shed when i got him.
Jono have a read of this topic and you will see how i got him
http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=197
matty18714 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 16:23:03
I would guess at 4' if hes male his rate of growth is considerably slower now, so maybe 4 years old? If female maybe slightly younger? But thats guess work on my part.
jono2411 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 16:15:28
was the last owner really bad? if so then good on you for taking him into your care!!!
lee2308 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 15:41:15
4' Dont know about sex.
matty18714 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 14:11:53
I dont think so, how long is he now? What sex is it?
lee2308 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 13:50:30
exactly,basicly know nothing about the snake,couldnt belive a word they said,could a vet give a age to him?
matty18714 Posted - 06/02/2009 : 12:51:50
Keep in mind who the last owners were mate hes probably still growing at a decent rate.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000