The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 got myself a cali-king

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smiffy89 Posted - 26/01/2012 : 22:26:55
just been to pick up a cb08 cali-king and he is awesome but we shall see next week if its snake or snakette
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 18/02/2012 : 20:56:40
She looks very long there!

Sound some info about fat kings and milks apparently. Theres the white in-between the scales and if the body is even slightly curved there will be creases in the snake skin but no mention of curved and triangle.
smiffy89 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:26:31
she come in blue today so she can have a well deserved rest plus she's done 2 donkey size poops so at least we know everythings working

Sta~ple Posted - 13/02/2012 : 10:27:07
Not sure, kings are more naturally round than corns, I just keep an eye on his bottom end lol
smiffy89 Posted - 10/02/2012 : 12:28:40
quote:
Originally posted by deadmansfinger

Maybe it's hard to tell from those pics but I don't think your king looks tubby at all. Medium mice will hardly touch the sides on a snake that size.

thats why i asked"does the circle+arch+triangle shaped body theory apply to all colubrids?"

dont think its a life or death situation at moment lol

deadmansfinger Posted - 10/02/2012 : 08:44:33
Maybe it's hard to tell from those pics but I don't think your king looks tubby at all. Medium mice will hardly touch the sides on a snake that size.
smiffy89 Posted - 09/02/2012 : 12:53:26
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

My 4'8" king is about 600g. I alternate between 1 large mouse every 14 days or 1 jumbo. None of mine leave a bulge and kings will eat until they pop anyway. I think at a certain point if you start looking for bulges with adult snakes, you can end up feeding too much and then they end up getting tubby lol. I would not like to handle a kingsnake on a diet!

you have no sense of adventure sta~ple,i thought half the fun of keeping kings was that there bitey lol

as for tubby i think she already is so may feed mediums for a while as she is looking like a bit of a sausage.

does the circle+arch+triangle shaped body theory apply to all colubrids?
deadmansfinger Posted - 08/02/2012 : 10:50:06
I normally work on the 10% of bodyweight rule. The XL mice I feed are range from 30-45g. Once the snake gets over 450g they still get one XL mouse every 14 days. As Sta~ple says the bulge isn't very prominent in them even after a 45g mouse but it's definately enough food for them.
Sta~ple Posted - 08/02/2012 : 08:24:34
My 4'8" king is about 600g. I alternate between 1 large mouse every 14 days or 1 jumbo. None of mine leave a bulge and kings will eat until they pop anyway. I think at a certain point if you start looking for bulges with adult snakes, you can end up feeding too much and then they end up getting tubby lol. I would not like to handle a kingsnake on a diet!
smiffy89 Posted - 07/02/2012 : 19:22:17
quote:
Originally posted by deadmansfinger

I think he looks good. My 08 albino cali is just under 500g and my 06 female mbk is just over 500g so they all seem around the same size.
What are you planning to feed him? My adults get an XL mouse every 14 days.

I was going see how many large mice she could take next week until a decent bulge gathered then:

number of mice x weight =???grams and see what equivelant rat is really,been told chicks are a good option but most information i find argues between good and bad so,ill stay away from them until i know more about them
deadmansfinger Posted - 07/02/2012 : 11:39:51
I think he looks good. My 08 albino cali is just under 500g and my 06 female mbk is just over 500g so they all seem around the same size.
What are you planning to feed him? My adults get an XL mouse every 14 days.
smiffy89 Posted - 07/02/2012 : 01:30:16
thought she would weigh more as she looks bigger than my fmale corn who weighed in at 615g today,do you reckon its a healthy weight
deadmansfinger Posted - 06/02/2012 : 19:02:18
At 579g that's a big king! My new mbk is 511g and she's a big lump of snake. My kings are constantly out and about too, generally looking for stuff to eat and things to bite
smiffy89 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 17:08:24
here she is

renamed her katana as dre wasnt a very girly name lol
smiffy89 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 04:01:04
right i should be able to upload some piccys tonight as i have now got photo bucket on my phone so no more f****ing about trying to upload from laptop.

couple more things!

1.the difference in activity compared to the corns n boas is un-real ,she pops out of her hide every few hours has a scout round the viv then back in, its like she's on patrol and no 1's told her she's wearing a criminals outfit.

2.you peeps were right she was having me on being all nice other day fed her yesterday in a rub went to get her out to go back in viv and "BAM" little git bit me and best of all hung on to my finger, so after 30 secs of looking really proud of herself she let go and shot into the viv, i couldnt do anything for laughing just thinking to myself "you cheeky bugger" lol
deadmansfinger Posted - 27/01/2012 : 22:03:20
Mine did the same. Was nice and chilled for a few weeks then got me when I wasn't expecting it but that's the joys of kingsnakes. I would love a bci too but don't have the space for a big viv at present.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000