The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Is it a goins?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sumkindofanimal Posted - 04/03/2011 : 23:47:50
Hi im new to this forum. just wanted someone else's opinion on this please!. going to pick this rehome king up on the weekend, was told it was a goins, but not so sure! the markings to me look like a goini that has maybe had some intergrade with a californian, by the look of the banding, i love kings so going to take her anyway, but just wanted a second opinion!!

The snake was originaly bought from tyrannasaurus pets in leeds, i think, be happy to hear any comments. cheers ppl
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sumkindofanimal Posted - 05/03/2011 : 13:42:06
Just posted some pics of some of my other snakes, in my thread in the introducing section!!
Invalid User Posted - 05/03/2011 : 13:09:21
Look forward to seeing more pics once you have collected her.
sumkindofanimal Posted - 05/03/2011 : 13:07:43
wow love your goins, lovely markings! never had a goins before, but seen a lot of pics of them and none have had such defined bands, which is what made me think there may be some cali in there aswell, im picking her up later so i'll get some better pics on!! if she is cross bred, i dont think its very responsible of the pet shop selling these, as they are just advertising them as goins!! beautiful snake anyway, so cant wait to get her
Invalid User Posted - 05/03/2011 : 11:41:31
I'm not sure. I have a goini but mine isn't banded like that.

Here is mine, he's about 6 months old

Gmac Posted - 05/03/2011 : 01:00:19
does have the colours of the goins but have never seen a banded goins. that's not to say thee aren't any
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/03/2011 : 00:05:29
All my useless abilities could tell you is that it's a king.
Have a looky through this: http://www.pitt.edu/~mcs2/herp/Lampropeltis.html and see if you find anything that is the closest match.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000