The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding a Mole Kingsnake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Einar Posted - 06/06/2010 : 22:22:52
I need help, I caught a Mole Kingsnake(Which I at first mistook for a Cornsnake)and I cannot get it to eat. I have tried frozen mice, live mice (Both the correct size) frogs and bullfrog tadpoles, and even crickets. She (fat tail makes me think it is a girl, read that Mole kings are like that) won't eat any of them. I have her cage set up properly with the one exception of a manual heat lamp rather than one on a timer. Two hides, one on the warm section, one in the cool, a water dish in the cool section (to keep from getting steam) a basking rock over the heat pad in the warm section, and various other rocks for shedding. Using the same pine chips we use in our horse's stall, and the tank is one foot by four feet, and a foot and a half tall.

HOW do I get my king to eat? Tried braining, and putting her in a RUB with the live mouse for a while (NOT a biting mouse, just a fuzzy, she isn't big enough for full sized mice yet.I haven't tried scenting yet, as I am not sure how it is done.

ANY help would be appreciated, I have a very limited budget with this snake, but I have plenty of time and craft abilities if I need to make stuff.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 07/06/2010 : 00:02:06
I personly think you would be better off just letting it go again as you will find it hard to get a wild cuaght king feeding and it will be very stressed,plus pine substrate can be toxic to snakes and cause health problems.
Einar Posted - 06/06/2010 : 22:25:07
Sorry if this the wrong section for this question, but the DIY section was locked or something, first time on a forum ;D

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000