The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 HELP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Darren Posted - 20/11/2008 : 22:22:58
HELP
Can anyone help my snake keeps biting her self she done it three time and another thing the door open on the front of her viv but she not coming out ever time I go near she hides and I don’t want to scare her by picking her up when she like this am I wrong in leaving her or should I pick her up
Darren
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Darren Posted - 27/11/2008 : 22:53:58
Feel better she eat a mouse. Think you right my house is sometimes cold because the back door open for the dog but the viv is always around 70 with heat mat and light
Kazerella Posted - 25/11/2008 : 18:35:59
She'll calm down eventually so don't worry.

As for eating- a few of the kings on here have gone of their dinners, so it might be something to do with the cold weather
Darren Posted - 25/11/2008 : 09:42:32
She came in her viv I was lucky I got all the viv with the snake .
She eat on the first Sunday I had her but not eaten anything for two weeks now.
Thank you for all your info on her we get they in the end my friend keeps asking if she bite me yet lol
Kazerella Posted - 22/11/2008 : 12:16:31
How long have you had her?

If it's only being a few weeks then maybe she's still settling in. My mexi-black is very viv defensive, because they like their own environment. If your snake hasn't been in it's viv long enough to call it home yet, then it could be why it's nervous.

Give her a few weeks to get used to her surrounding s and your scent, then keep trying.
Darren Posted - 21/11/2008 : 22:57:44
The person I got her from said he pick her up all the time but for a snake that been handle a lot she very jumpy as for eating she eat a mouse on the 9 .I put a mouse in on the 19 and she never eat it I had to take it out after 24 hours so not eating at the moment .
She lays out in her viv I think she near 5ft but hiding when I go near
Kazerella Posted - 21/11/2008 : 19:03:28
Is she feeding alright at the moment?

I would pick her up if she's hiding. If you always leave her alone when she's hiding you'll never see her. Handling more often should calm her down and make her less scared.
magneticblue Posted - 21/11/2008 : 16:46:16
I've not heard of this before. It may be worth getting her out just to check her over.
Is there any chance that mites would cause a snake to do this if they are really irritating it?

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000