The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carl Posted - 20/11/2008 : 20:09:02
Hi all. I need some help and information. I think my MBK is starting to shed, I have just noticed a couple of scales sort of peeling. When should I stop handling it? When should its last feed be if its necessary to do that, as ive heard they go off there food. Its just that he hasnt shed while ive had it and could do with some help guys.
Cheers
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carl Posted - 23/11/2008 : 16:43:26
thanks for the advice
Gingerpony Posted - 20/11/2008 : 20:27:56
because their vision is decreased quite considerbly when their eyes are blue some snakes can be more jumpy or nervous as they can't see what's going on, it's advisable not to handle them when they're in this state - the joy of having lots of snakes, they're unlikely to all be blue-eyed at the same time
magneticblue Posted - 20/11/2008 : 20:15:05
As far as handling is concerned my snakes don't seem to mind when they are 'blue'. They behave exactly the same as they normally do. Also, with feeding some snakes will happily eat when in shed but others will simply refuse food. Each snake is different and you just need to get to know yours.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000