The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Strange behaviour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
auger Posted - 11/03/2010 : 14:05:40
Hi,all
Calli has taken to a burrow she has created below the water bowl, I believe Kings are secretive and like hiding but is this strange behaviour. She is alert and happy has fed again so not worried, the heat mat extends just under the bowl on the outside so I am thinking she has found place where the temp suits her. I have apsen down as a substrate my only worry is if she move to much of it about the dish could squash her.

TIA

Auger (over anxious newbie)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
auger Posted - 11/03/2010 : 16:00:40
Thank you for the replies as I said being over anxious. Two hides, cave and a kitchen roll. I am very new to this as she has only been with us for 2 weeks, I am however considering utilising a spare aquarium for her taking into account comments on my post regarding this. My only concern currently is that it is too early to move her yet again. This would give her more room and places to hide.

Regards Auger
Triangulum Posted - 11/03/2010 : 15:09:30
Hi Auger,

What your describing is perfectly normal behaviour from Lampropeltis and most other colubrids. As you mentioned Kingsnakes are very secretive shy snakes. Theres nothing to worry about, depending on the size of the water, I'm sure he can't hurt himself, at the worst your'll find a soggy corner of aspen. I have atleast two hides in with mine, and nine times out of ten, use neither. They prefer the aspen.

Kind Regards,
Scott
Kazerella Posted - 11/03/2010 : 15:02:35
I wouldn't say it was strange, but if you are worried you could place another hide in that place so she's not under the water bowl. It probably is just because he's happy and at the right temp there

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000