The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Photos
 Striped Cali

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 19:19:24
Can't edit the other topic, so i will post my pics in this one.

Dull and damaged nose as it was when i bought the snake from a truely shocking shop, just to get it to a good home. The nose has repaired itself rather nicely after the snake immediately went into shed once i had got it settled in. I would like to think it was a repair shed as it knew it was in a better place, but that may be wishful thinking.

This is a good indicator of snake thickness and size.

This shows the dark chocolate colouration better than many of my pictures.

Lovely white underside.

A great size and colour indicator.

The newest picture, and one of my faves.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 14/11/2009 : 16:47:25
Yardy - Thank you. :) It really is a gorgeous snake, and i agree that you tend not to see many of them now. I was actually lucky to find this one, it was in a crap pet shop that also had an adult Florida King for sale as well. The Florida King was in a shocking way, scale rot down its belly, retained eye cap, being warmed by a ceramic that was about 3 inches from the floor, no hides, wrong flooring, dirty enclosure, remains of a bad shed dotted around the enclosure too. I spent ages telling the shop what was wrong with it, how they could treat it it and why it would be unwise to sell it to somebody in that condition... as far as i know nothing was treated before it was sold.

I just about spotted this Cali in a smaller enclosure, again in a dirty enclosure with the remains of what looked like a bad shed... and to illustrate how long it must of been since the last clean out, it IMMEDIATELY went into shed when it came home with me, which must either be its regular shed (guessing this one will shed every month or two, and if so it must hardly ever be cleaned out) or a deliberate repair shed. When handling both snakes they told me that they both HATED handling and would always bite and poo when they were taken out. I had to explain that it was musk, not poo... ffs. The Florida King DID like handling and was in no way aggressive, it happily sat in my arms letting me tickle its chin. This Cali was quick in the shop but not at all aggressive, just a little rattly and musky. After i had given it a look over i asked how much it was... and for the price she told me there was no way in hell i was going to walk out of that shop without that snake, i just didn't want it to go the way of the Florida King.

I cannot wait to see it grow to its full size, it is gorgeous and getting more and more laid back and gentle as the days pass. :)

Jono - Thank you. :)

They do look superbly evil, don't they. Good for scaring the family, inlaws, door to door religious types. :D

Sorry for the long post guys.
jono2411 Posted - 13/11/2009 : 19:40:34
great looking snake mate! i love the evil face of kings, they are just so badass...
yardy Posted - 13/11/2009 : 13:45:17
OMG he's gorgeous-striped cali's were the ones that I used to breed & you don't see them much now. They are lovely aren't they? I have seen a few with nose damage like that from rubbing but it doesn't seem to do a lot of long term harm. You are lucky, he's just a sweet baby at the moment and he will look amazing at 5 foot! my favourite female of all time Lady was coloured like that, bitter chocolate and cream, her mate Boris was milk chocolate & butter yellow. If anyone breeds pure stipes next year please let me know-I miss them like hell.
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 21:10:02
Thanks, guys.
lee2308 Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:45:18
very very nice,love the colouring
magneticblue Posted - 12/11/2009 : 20:16:29
Thats a lovely looking stripe he has. Great snake
n/a Posted - 12/11/2009 : 19:45:07
Thank you, i am glad you like it. :)
Eye Posted - 12/11/2009 : 19:28:15

Supreb pictures, beautiful snake, a real pleasure to watch. Many thanks.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000