The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Photos
 Finally, I'm Owned By A King

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Emmy1 Posted - 14/12/2011 : 22:32:31
I've been after one of these for a very long time, and boy was I suprised to get one today!

My friend was hoping to rehome her OH's snake a few months ago and was let down by the person they hoped and promised would take it on. My friend rang me in hope I could take it. When she described it as 'paley yellowy purple' about 4 ft and long, my mind naturally jumped to imagine a snow or lavender corn. Seeing as I had an unoccupied viv, I told her to bring him round with his electrical equipment and any food.

When she turned up with a beautiful Albino California Kingsnake, I was beyond thrilled! I cannot believe my luck! S/he is supposedly a little nippy and territorial, but whilst I handled him/her before, s/he was calm and extremely curious. I told my friend she and her OH could come round whenever she likes to see the snake.

Unfortunately she can't be sure of the snakes age. She is going to see how long her OH hand him before they got together to give me a rough idea. Going to give the new addition time to settle, then I'll take her/him to my trusted reptile retailer for sexing. Looks female to me, but could always be deceived!

^can really see how taped the tail goes from the vent here, which makes me think this is possibly female.

Thanks for looking guys.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Eight Posted - 21/12/2011 : 14:04:52
The eyes generally dull down and go milky just like a normally coloured snake :)
Emmy1 Posted - 20/12/2011 : 22:40:18
Thanks for the advise, I will do. I'll lay off handling too until Friday, I'll try again then.
I actually think he/she may be in shed as there is lots of head rubbing going on in the viv on everything he/she passes. Because the eyes are red, I have no idea. I've never had an albino reptile to tell the shedding signs.
Gmac Posted - 20/12/2011 : 22:32:53
best to wait a few days between offering foods.
Emmy1 Posted - 20/12/2011 : 22:08:50
So exciting! Cannot wait to see your new addition!
Mine didn't feed at all today after the second handling, so will attempt again tomorrow.
deadmansfinger Posted - 20/12/2011 : 09:01:04
Getting my albino cali king on Sat morning!!! Bye bye fingers lol Glad your first handling went well
Gmac Posted - 20/12/2011 : 01:09:49
see told you see my last comment :P glad he calmed down for you congrats on the first handle. It gets easier from there now.
Emmy1 Posted - 19/12/2011 : 23:39:53
Just had this one out for a first handle. Lots of musking, lots of tail rattling and darting, but soon calmed down. No biting (yet)! Sorry to disappoint Gmac! Was very pleasant to handle him/her, although very head shy.
I'll post up some feeding photos from tomorrow.
Gmac Posted - 19/12/2011 : 17:45:17
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

Thats my plan for tomorrow! Straight in and suffer the consequences. It's feeding day tomorrow, so I'm hoping all goes well and my new addition is settled enough to eat.

quote:
Originally posted by deadmansfinger

Gorgeous! I am hopefully rehoming an adult male albino cali king in the next couple of weeks :-) After seeing your pics I can't wait!!!!!!! He is apparently a biter too and I was going to invest in a pair of gloves until GMac called me a big girl so now I have no choice but to stick my hand in and see how many fingers come back out

LOL good luck to you both, and mind

1. hold the snake
2. watch it bite you
3. PHOTO
4 irrelevant but make sure photos are posted :D

I'm sure both if you will be grand and the snakes will surprise you ;)
Emmy1 Posted - 19/12/2011 : 17:32:46
Thats my plan for tomorrow! Straight in and suffer the consequences. It's feeding day tomorrow, so I'm hoping all goes well and my new addition is settled enough to eat.
deadmansfinger Posted - 19/12/2011 : 12:46:10
Gorgeous! I am hopefully rehoming an adult male albino cali king in the next couple of weeks :-) After seeing your pics I can't wait!!!!!!! He is apparently a biter too and I was going to invest in a pair of gloves until GMac called me a big girl so now I have no choice but to stick my hand in and see how many fingers come back out
Emmy1 Posted - 15/12/2011 : 22:42:42
Thank you all so much for your comments! Eight, best of luck with finding one.

Checked on it this morning and found the viv trashed. Typical King!!

Once I know the sex, I can name this beast! There are deffinitely signs of this one being viv territorial, so I've put a bit of clothing I wore today in with it in hopes it gets used to the scent and calms.
Sta~ple Posted - 15/12/2011 : 12:03:42
Very pretty! I love the colours on bino calis.
Eight Posted - 14/12/2011 : 22:38:42
An absolute stunner. Seeing these pics has got me very excited about the prospect of getting one soon.

I wish someone would give me a cali like that :(

(edited for stupid spelling correction :/ )
Gmac Posted - 14/12/2011 : 22:34:39
love this one :D, but not sure about the tail method for kings, corns possibly but different shapes all round. Anyways gues we will find out soon enough :D

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000