The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake Photos
 Photographs of Unknown King Snakes ! (lol)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PaulW156 Posted - 06/08/2011 : 18:57:54
Just thought id post my photographs of my two Unknown King Snakes.

http://photobucket.com/paulw156

Each 54cm long. Male very lively. Female not so lively, a little timmid and maybe scared. She has blue eyes (which i think is due the start of a shedding but im not sure).
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sauceman Posted - 17/08/2011 : 23:59:47
Nice animals, thanks for sharing. I would certainly say that those are splendida. The ranges of splendida, nigrita, and californiae all meet in southern Arizona and New Mexico so a large number of the wild specimens are some mix of the three. I spend a lot of time field herping in that area and have many friends that do as well. Most of the animals found will show some degree of intergradation. Common examples are speckle-banded (intergrades of splendida+californiae) and blacks with light speckling (nigrita+splendida). What you have there look very splendida. On a sad note, I road-cruised three that looked very similar to these last year in Arizona and all were DOR.
Sta~ple Posted - 09/08/2011 : 17:47:41
Isn't Abbrent Mexican black a fancy way to say MBK breed with another type of king at some point? They kinda look like desserts to me, but I confess to know next to nothing on this kind of subject!

Lovely guys though.
kdlang Posted - 08/08/2011 : 07:39:41
I have seen a webpage with pics of what the poster calls 'heavily speckled Nigritus' (mbk) that he bought thinking that they were deserts so I guess it is possible they are mbk's, I just think it's unlikely.

They are really gorgeous. You know where I am if you ever change your mind on keeping them lol
Crimson King Posted - 08/08/2011 : 02:18:24
I didn't know what you meant by the "lol"....sorry.
I'd agree that they're splendida....I see you've asked on KS as well..
:Mark
PaulW156 Posted - 07/08/2011 : 15:37:56
The pet shop said they were Aberrent Mexican Blacks but a few people on here say not lol. They look like desert kings to me. Its my first time at snake keeping. I will be going back to the shop to find out. unless someone here can defo say lol
Crimson King Posted - 07/08/2011 : 13:25:00
unknown??
:Mark
Gmac Posted - 06/08/2011 : 20:11:34
very nice Kings, and yes if your kings has blue eyes it is going into shed

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000